- Compatible XF Versions:
Allows searching posts using exact text criteria. This add-on is designed for use by admins and moderators only.
(Example of Options page)
(Example of search results)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
Questions and Answers:
- Exact text searching.
- Optional Search field for excluding text.
- All phrases start with messagesearch_ for your convenience.
Q: Will search text be found in private forums?
Q: Will search text be found in soft deleted posts and threads?
Q: Can I enter any search text including quotes and slashes?
How to use:
- Download messagesearch_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-MessageSearch_v1.0.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Sending a donation:
- Set the User Group Permissions. Normally only the Administrative and Moderator groups should be allowed to use this add-on.
- Go to the Options page to enter your search criteria.
- Add "messagesearch" to your forum URL.
Code:Full Friendly URLs http://www.domain.com/messagesearch http://www.domain.com/forums/messagesearch non-Full Friendly URLs http://www.domain.com/index.php?messagesearch http://www.domain.com/forums/index.php?messagesearch
- Search results will be displayed.
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.