- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- Visible branding
As the title suggests, this add-on sets a cookie for logged in users.
This is particularly helpful if you want to implement caching for guests (through things like FastCGI cache, Varnish, etc.), as XenForo doesn't provide a reliable way to distinguish guests from logged in users out of the box (via cookies).
- Sets "(cookie_prefix)logged_in" (i.e. "xf_logged_in") cookie for logged in users.
- Displays page as a guest if user is logged in, and cookie isn't present (and sets it again), so that a user can't remove it and cache the page as if they were a guest (while still logged in).
When you first install this, logged in users will see the first page they load as if they were a guest (since they don't have the logged in cookie yet), this is to prevent pages being cached with user information.
- Download the add-on and unzip it.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to the root directory of your XenForo installation.
- Go to the admin panel, click "Install New Add-on", upload the XML file provided, hit "Install Add-on".