2. 2.2
License
https://www.themehouse.com/legal/licenses/free-products
Visible branding
Yes, but removable without payment
title-install-upgrade.png

hero-install-upgrade.png

Install and Upgrade
Installing and upgrading your themes, add-ons and languages on your site just got easier with Install & Upgrade. Simplify your upgrades and installations with just a few clicks and reduce the management of updates by automatically checking for updates with our tool. Start simplifying your processes now.
Administrator Features:
  • Install and upgrade add-ons, themes, and languages on your site
  • Check for updates for all your add-ons, themes, and languages automatically
  • Connect your ThemeHouse and XenForo account within the admin control panel so you are in sync with any updates that come up
  • Install and upgrade add-ons directly from their providers or via their download URLs
  • Install or upgrade third-party add-ons as well since we allow third-party add-on creators to write their own handlers so that you are able to add their profiles
  • Easily view what ThemeHouse (using your API key) or 3rd-Party add-ons, themes, and languages you want to install or upgrade

• install-upgrade-archive.webp
    install-upgrade-archive.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 978
  • install-upgrade-log.webp
    install-upgrade-log.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 987
  • install-upgrade-product-list.webp
    install-upgrade-product-list.webp
    56 KB · Views: 991
  • install-upgrade-profiles.webp
    install-upgrade-profiles.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 924
  • install-upgrade-url.webp
    install-upgrade-url.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 842
Author
ThemeHouse
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

3.50 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from ThemeHouse

• UI.X 2
    UI.X 2
    The Ultimate Theme Framework
  • Legend
    Legend
    Make your gaming forum legendary.
  • Prisma
    Prisma
    Brighten up
  • iO Dark Mode
    iO Dark Mode
    Almost as good as the iPhone
  • Gift
    Gift
    Celebrate the gift of giving!

Latest updates

1. Version 1.1.7 released!

Changes: Added basic XF API endpoints Resolved theme quick upgrade button linking to wrong page...
  2. Version 1.1.5 released!

Changes: Added WMTech Handler. Fixed wrong page navigation links on Install & Upgrade log pages.
  3. Version 1.1.4 Patch Level 1 released!

Changes: Resolved an issue that triggered a 403 authentication failed error when performing I&U...

Latest reviews

Their support system aka "Intercom" is borken. I have submitted tickets to their system for the last 6 months and they dissapear into the eather. AVOID.
Support is non existent.
At the moment there is still far too little support from other developers, the comparatively time-consuming initial setup and error messages.
In addition only a handful of developers and without sizes like AndyB, AddonLabs, XFA, XT etc. the addon makes no sense to me. It's a shame - if something should change in the support from other developers, I'll be happy to correct my rating upwards, but currently only 3 stars are there.
Edit:
Half a star less for using checkout codes to sell for free instead of offering straight away for free with no code nonsense.
I love it. It works perfectly and is light-years ahead of the XF 1.x equivalent. Adding support for multiple sources is an excellent bonus. I'll admit I had a few hiccups setting it up, but once I figured everything out the only complaint I have is a few possible errors you could handle better.

For example, right now, if you try to install an addon from an XF resource page, but the "download" button links to an off-site source, the plugin dumps a stack trace and just says "oops." It'd be nice to see a coherent error message instead of a stack trace, possibly with the stack trace in a collapsed div for those of us more advanced users who like fiddling with things!
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
So glad to hear that you are enjoying the add-on. Much appreciate the feedback as well, we have some awesome updates that will be released soon for Install & Upgrade! Be sure to watch out for them and let us know if you find any other issues ;)
I like that this has made for XF2 but it feels little sketcy that it askes your Xenforo lisence account. Email, password and everything...
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Hey there, we understand your concerns and want to stress that we do everything to protect your information. The reason that Install and Upgrade requires your account information is so that it can automatically authenticate your licenses and manage your updates and installs with one click. If you don't want to use Install and Upgrade, you don't have to, but the manual process takes a little more leg work. Hope this clarifies everything!
Superb work done b you, I am looking for this as I used same in XF1 by @Chris D and I am hoping the same for XF2 since a while, You done really a great job. Appreciated.
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Thanks so much for the kind words as we knew users were looking for an add-on such as this for XenForo 2. Hope it helps with installing and upgrading your themes, add-ons, and even languages easier. Enjoy! :)
This makes my job so much better be nice work with 3party and is easy as 1 2 3. and you can add theme straight through the website of your admin panel. Nice
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the add-on and that it makes it easy for you to manage your theme and add-on updates! :)
Top Bottom