For 1.1+ versions:
• XenForo 2.1
• PHP 7 +
License
GPLv3
Visible branding
No

Description

This addon integrates Google Search Engine in your forum allowing users to search the forum with Google search.

Moreover, Google search can be automatically performed if standart xenForo search system haven't found anything or failed.

Please read the installation instructions.

This is an open source addon. Visit GitHub repository for source code.

All my addons are free...

But if you want to
  • Be informed of all news about developing new addons
  • Suggest and vote for new addons
  • Try beta versions
  • Receive 24-hour early access to new addons
Then you can support me on my Patreon!
___

Features

Google Search button

A small "Search using Google" button can be found inside search menu:

Google Search tab

A new tab called "Google search" can be found on "Search" page (when clicking on "Advanced search..." in search menu).

Google Search results

Google search results colors and language can be set via Google Search Engine page (see "Installation" section).

Search results additional tab

If user used default xenForo search system and provided keywords, he can switch between "Form search" and "Google search" results tabs without page reloading:

"Try anyways" mode

This mode automatically performs a Google search if xenForo search system haven't found anything or failed.

For example, by default you can't search words that are shorter than 4 letters. In this case you will see the following error:
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common

With "Try anyways" mode enabled you will see this:

"No results found" message is not a problem anymore:

___

Installation
  1. Register your Google Search Engine
  2. Choose full width style:
  3. Download the addon
  4. Upload contents of upload folder to your forum root
  5. In admin control panel go to "Addons" section and install Google Search
  6. Go to "Google search options" option-group in Options and enter your Google Search Engine ID for addon to work
Unistallation
  1. Uninstall the addon from ACP
  2. Go to forum root folder and remove js/GoogleSearch folder.
That's it!

All my addons are free...

But if you want to
  • Be informed of all news about developing new addons
  • Suggest and vote for new addons
  • Try beta versions
  • Receive 24-hour early access to new addons
Then you can support me on my Patreon!
Author
CMTV
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from CMTV

Latest updates

1. Update 1.1.0 – XenForo 2.1 support

Google Search 1.1.0 was rewritten from scratch. It is not compatible with previous addon...
  2. Bug fixes 1.0.4

Fixed bugs Fixed a "implode(): Argument must be an array" error
  3. Bug fixes 1.0.2

Fixed bugs Fixed a bug that redirects to "Google Search" tab when trying to find content of a...

Latest reviews

Very good addon, hope it will continuously be developed to support future version of XenForo as well.
Very good integration with xenforo, if you have indexed many pages in google this is the perfect solution. Hint! You can use AdSense code as Google Search Engine ID!
Works perfectly. The "try anyways" mode is really helpful, specially if a user wants to find a thread searching for words shorter than 4 characters.
Flawless and looks good. Simple install, easy to use. If you want a google search, especially because of words with less than 4 letters, this is what you want.
Just installed at my demo site and see how it works. It works really well. "Try anyways" mode is great and very useful.
Good stuff, simple and easy to use. Does exactly what it should do and anyone needing Google search should just install this right now.
Top Bottom