Additional requirements
• PHP 7+
License
MIT
Visible branding
No
logo-banner.png

Description

XenForo has a "trophy" system. You can use trophies to award users for doing cool things. But trophies are casual and boring. Everyone can get one :(

Badges... that's more like it! This is something your users can be proud of!

Create fancy-looking badges, group them into categories and award users for valuable and unique actions!
Moreover, featured badges will be displayed in users messages, profiles and tooltips!

Features

Badges

All badges are displaying on a new "Badges" help page (/help/badges) grouped into categories:

Badges list

You can also see the full list of users there were awarded with specific badge by clicking on corresponding icon below badge description:

List of users awarded with specific badge

User badges

If user has at least one badge, a new tab called "Badges" will appear in his profile. It contains a list of all badges this user has + award reasons:

User badges list

Featured badges

Depending on "Max featured badges number" permission, users can feature badges they are most proud of (4 by default).

Featured badges are displaying in user messages, in his profile and profile tooltip:

featured_profile.png

featured_message.png

featured_tooltip.png

Clicking on featured badges will redirect to user badges page.

Awarding with badges

Users with "Award" permission (usually moderators) can award users with badges right in their profile pages:

awarding_with_badge.png

The user who was awarded will receive both an alert and email:

award_alert.png

award_email.png

Most badges

There is a new widget on "Members" page, which display users with most badges.

most_badges.png

Badges in ACP

Badges can be created in admin panel. The "Badges" page is right below "Trophies" in admin navigation.

Badges in ACP

When creating badge and badge category, you can set an icon. Both images and Font Awesome icons allowed:

Badge edit page

You can also set a user criteria for badge (just like when creating a trophy). If so, users who match this criteria will automatically be awarded with such badge.

Installation

Just use "Install/upgrade from archive" button on "Addons" page.

OR:
  1. Download the addon
  2. Upload contents of upload folder to your forum root
  3. In admin control panel go to "Addons" section and install Badges
Uninstallation
  1. Uninstall the addon from ACP
Author
CMTV
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from CMTV

Latest reviews

An excellent addon, just amazing, and very much needed for every community! Works nicely!
I have just started using it, but already see a lot of potential!
The plugin works Grate, Had one issue the code would not remove a badge when user criteria no longer is met ( User Group ) but we added it ourself
User criteria doesn't work anymore, so unless you want to manually hand out the badges I would look for an alternative.
Best addon I've been looking. found a lot but they all paid. thanks for making the plugin will the update for version 2.1.5?
Amazing plugin, There is another plugin that is similar and its paid but even its abandoned, I feel I might have to abandon it as it keeps breaking. You have created an alternative something that is absolutely important on my forums!
This is a fantastic add-on. I would honestly pay for this, I'm surprised it's listed for free! I'd be more than happy to leave a donation for this, so drop me a message! :)
Top Bottom