- Compatible XF 1.x versions
Sends an email to members reminding them that your forum runs on donations.
This add-on is designed to be run manually, there is no cron option. I suggest not sending out emails too often as that can very easily have a negative effect.
(Example of email message)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Group Permissions)
(Example of Admin page)
- Highly configurable options page
- Main page identifies number of emails that will be sent
- Ability to send a sample email to yourself
- Emails are never sent to banned, invalid, or members that have selected not to receive site mailings
- Unsubscribe link provided
- Download donationreminder_v1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-DonationReminder_v1.6.xml file
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- Go to Donation Reminder Options page and update fields
- Make sure the two email addresses are set in your Admin CP:
Admin CP -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Contact Email Address
Admin CP -> Options -> Email Options -> Default Email Address
- Go to User Group Permissions and allow the Administrator to use the Admin page.
- Bring up the Main page by entering "donationreminder" after the root portion of your forum URL. Here are a few examples depending on how you set up your forum:
Full Friendly URLs http://www.example.com/donationreminder http://www.example.com/forums/donationreminder non-Full Friendly URLs http://www.example.com/index.php?donationreminder http://www.example.com/forums/index.php?donationreminder
- Click the send sample email link and verify email received looks correct
- Use the Options settings and adjust the parameters as you like, or use the default settings.
- Click the "Send batch emails to X members" link.
If you would like to change the email message, edit the following phrase:
All phrases start with donationreminder for easy editing.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.