- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
- Visible branding
This plugin simplyfies and improves third-party plugin development in XenForo.
Features & pros:
- Allows extending multiple XenForo classes with a single class without catching "PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class" error message (now you can extend data writer groups or bbcodes with just one class instead of using multiple copies of the same thing but with different names).
- It's possible to extend almost every class in XenForo, even static helper and abstract classes except XenForo_Application.
- Nodes, threads and messages now can easily get custom fields through single event configuration. No need to extend data writers, models or controllers.
- Well-tested on big forums with high activity (>2K users online simultaneously, >3M posts)
- Bonus feature - support of nginx X-Accel-Redirect header for better performance (link to documentation on github: Nginx X-Accel-Redirect Configuration).
- One simple sql-query on every page when eager loader feature is enabled and XenForo cache is disabled
- It requires higher programming skills than XenForo does
- Upload all the files from the 'upload' folder on to your server.
- Install xml addon file through your admin control panel.
- Add code to the end of /library/config.php manually if the file is write-protected:
- Better english documentation
Full description (why do you need this, examples) and documentation can be found at project's GitHub wiki page.
Be careful! Though the plugin is easy to use but it can actually do lots of things and eliminates 'reinventing the wheel' parts, but even more it can seriously damage your forum if you don't know what you're doing. It requires higher programming skills than XenForo does, so it's not for novices.
P.S. Feel free to send pull requests.