- Compatible XF 1.x versions
Automatically creates a birthday thread for your members.
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Subject phrase)
(Example of Message phrase)
- Automatically creates a birthday thread for your members.
- Alert is sent letting the member know about the birthday thread.
- Follows "Show day and month of birth" privacy settings.
- All phrases start with birthdaythread_ for your convenience.
- Download birthdaythread_v1.9.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-BirthdayThread_v1.9.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Adding a Cron Job is required to use this add-on. Please don't confuse Cron Entry for Cron Job. A Cron Job is done at the server using for example cPanel.
Create a Cron Job that runs the following command once a day:
curl https://www.example.com/birthdaythread?password=Gb3rSychbcZvJjaP >/dev/null 2>&1
Set the Cron Job to run in the morning once a day. If your server runs Cron Jobs using UTC time be sure to account for the time difference. There are two settings in the Options page which can be used if needed:
Timezone - If your Cron Job is adjusted to run using local time, use this option to indicate your timezone.
Select Next Day - Used if you have to run the Cron Job on the previous day in order to have the birthday threads be created in the morning.
Questions and Answers:
A: No. The idea of a birthday thread is to spot light a single member and have a place to share nice comments directed solely to the one member.
Q: I changes the phrase but the master phrase is still being used.
A: The Language ID in the Options needs to set to the language you want emails to be sent it. In the Admin Control Panel navigate to Languages and determine the Language ID by looking at the URL of the language you want to use. The URL will include a number which is the Language ID.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.