Birthday Thread 1.9

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Description:

Automatically creates a birthday thread for your members.

(Example of Options page)

pic001.webp

(Example of Subject phrase)

pic002.webp

(Example of Message phrase)

pic003.webp

Features:
  • Automatically creates a birthday thread for your members.
  • Alert is sent letting the member know about the birthday thread.
  • Follows "Show day and month of birth" privacy settings.
  • All phrases start with birthdaythread_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download birthdaythread_v1.9.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-BirthdayThread_v1.9.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
Cron Jobs:

Adding a Cron Job is required to use this add-on. Please don't confuse Cron Entry for Cron Job. A Cron Job is done at the server using for example cPanel.

Create a Cron Job that runs the following command once a day:
Code:
curl https://www.example.com/birthdaythread?password=Gb3rSychbcZvJjaP >/dev/null 2>&1

Set the Cron Job to run in the morning once a day. If your server runs Cron Jobs using UTC time be sure to account for the time difference. There are two settings in the Options page which can be used if needed:

Timezone - If your Cron Job is adjusted to run using local time, use this option to indicate your timezone.

Select Next Day - Used if you have to run the Cron Job on the previous day in order to have the birthday threads be created in the morning.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Is it possible to have all birthdays put into a single thread?
A: No. The idea of a birthday thread is to spot light a single member and have a place to share nice comments directed solely to the one member.

Q: I changes the phrase but the master phrase is still being used.
A: The Language ID in the Options needs to set to the language you want emails to be sent it. In the Admin Control Panel navigate to Languages and determine the Language ID by looking at the URL of the language you want to use. The URL will include a number which is the Language ID.​

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

On Dec 31, 2015 version 1.4 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection...
  2. See description

Birthday Thread v1.9 changes: Now uses Cron Jobs to run the add-on once a day.
  3. See description

Birthday Thread v1.8 changes: Updated PHP file.

Latest reviews

Let’s get personal, a great way to show members that you appreciate them, who does not like receiving a birthday greeting! Our members love knowing that someone has not forgotten them on their Birthday. Andy your attention to detail is impressive. Keep up the great work! Without some of your add-on’s our forum would not be as active as it has become. Nor would it be such a cool forum to belong. Thanks for the countless hrs of hard work you have put into all your add-on’s.
Thanks AndyB. Great addon. Members love it. Works perfectly as stated. I recommend this to everyone.
EVERY time I search for a nice feature to add to my forum, it's already done. BY ANDY. There must be some conspiracy going on.. Either that, or you're a Simpson :)
In any case, thank you for these little gems !
This is amazing Add-on . And its again from AndyB . Thank alot for this add-on. Install without errors , cron runs perfect, and all its running . A must have :)
Top Bottom