- Compatible XF 1.x versions
A banner management system that will allow display rotating banners in your sidebar, forum list, forum view and thread view.
The Banner add-on is designed for self hosted banners, these banners images are served from your server.
If you're looking to display scripts like AdSense, I suggest using the Ad Manager add-on located here:
(Example of banner in sidebar)
(Example of banner at top of forum list)
(Example of banner at bottom of forum list)
(Example of Banner options)
(Example of Banner Admin link)
(Example of Admin page)
(Example of Add page)
(Example of Template modifications)
(Example of Group Permissions)
- Multiple banners can be displayed at the same time for each location.
- Banners are displayed in random order, each page reload displays a new set of banners.
- Banner are scaled to fit on small displays.
- Option to remove banners at locations #2, #3 and #4 in responsive.
- All phrases start with banner_ for your convenience.
This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on if you would like to place banners in the sidebar:
- Download banner_v3.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy directory.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page.
- Upload the addon-Banner_v3.6.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- In the Admin Control Panel, go to User Group Permissions and set the user groups you want to display banners to.
- In the Visitor tab, click the Banner Admin link.
- In the Banner Admin page, click the Add link.
- Fill out the information and select the location(s) the banner will be displayed.
- Create a folder on your server to store your banner images.
- Upload banner images to your banner folder.
Location 1: Side-bar.
Location 2: Top and bottom of forum list.
Location 3: Top and bottom of forum view.
Location 4: Top and bottom of thread view.
If you wish to only show a banner for example on the top or bottom of any of the locations, you can disable the Template modification.
Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Template Modification
You will need to enable debug mode to do this.
Questions and Answers:
- This add-on will add a table called xf_banner to your database.
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.