Banner 3.6

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Description:

A banner management system that will allow display rotating banners in your sidebar, forum list, forum view and thread view.

The Banner add-on is designed for self hosted banners, these banners images are served from your server.
If you're looking to display scripts like AdSense, I suggest using the Ad Manager add-on located here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ad-manager.4167/

(Example of banner in sidebar)

pic001.webp

(Example of banner at top of forum list)

pic002.webp

(Example of banner at bottom of forum list)

pic003.webp

(Example of Banner options)

pic004.webp

(Example of Banner Admin link)

pic005.webp

(Example of Admin page)

pic006.webp

(Example of Add page)

pic007.webp

(Example of Template modifications)

pic008.webp

(Example of Group Permissions)

pic009.webp

Features:
  • Multiple banners can be displayed at the same time for each location.
  • Banners are displayed in random order, each page reload displays a new set of banners.
  • Banner are scaled to fit on small displays.
  • Option to remove banners at locations #2, #3 and #4 in responsive.
  • All phrases start with banner_ for your convenience.
Requirements:

This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on if you would like to place banners in the sidebar:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sidebar-positions.3799/

Installation:
  1. Download banner_v3.6.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy directory.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page.
  4. Upload the addon-Banner_v3.6.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
How to use:
  1. In the Admin Control Panel, go to User Group Permissions and set the user groups you want to display banners to.
  2. In the Visitor tab, click the Banner Admin link.
  3. In the Banner Admin page, click the Add link.
  4. Fill out the information and select the location(s) the banner will be displayed.
  5. Create a folder on your server to store your banner images.
  6. Upload banner images to your banner folder.
Banner locations:

Location 1: Side-bar.
Location 2: Top and bottom of forum list.
Location 3: Top and bottom of forum view.
Location 4: Top and bottom of thread view.

Template Modifications:

If you wish to only show a banner for example on the top or bottom of any of the locations, you can disable the Template modification.

Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Template Modification

You will need to enable debug mode to do this.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Does this require a Default Style?​
A: Yes.​
Q: Will this work with other frameworks?​
A: No.​
Q: What does the Expire Date do?​
A: It's just a reminder for the admin that the banner advertising contract ends at this future date.​
Q: Will this work with scripts like Google AdSense?​
A: No. For scripts I suggest the following add-on:​
Database modification:
  • This add-on will add a table called xf_banner to your database.
Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 13 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

On Nov 16, 2015 version 3.3 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection...
  2. See description

Banner v3.6 changes: Fixed problem with Exclude Forums function for location 2, 3 and 4.
  3. See description

Banner v3.5 changes: Added Exclude Forums to Options page.

Latest reviews

Super easy to use. Ads can also be easily turned off for certain user groups or members by using permissions instead of code, as you would have to do if using templates.
Nice i love it, please make more updates, please add more stuff like count, rel nofollow, more position banner!
Very easy to install, and works FANTASTIC. I just needed a simple solution for adding banners to my forum, and THIS was it.
Great Add-on, it’s a great little feature which I love, it is a great way to get the word out by placing a banner on the top and bottom of your forums. What can I say, Andy you sure do make my life a lot easier, your attention to detail is impressive. Keep up the great work! Without some of your add-on’s our forum would not be as active as it has become. Nor would it be such a cool forum to belong. Thanks for the countless hrs of hard work you have put into all your add-on’s.
Perfect and just what I was looking for! Keep cranking them out, we surely love them!! Great job yet again, Andy!
I really like this plugin 10/10, works great, its free and light-weight. I only wish that this can be used in combination with responsive Adsense, it would be perfect to have such feature.What is important is that it is integrated well with all others plugins created by Andy, using all of them in combination is easy and smooth, which is important for a newbie like myself. Keep up the amazing work Andy, XenForo community is so lucky to have you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This is great, Andy is not only a well known member, is an excellent professional. Is not only the magic addons he develop but his help and his support is not something you find frequently. A donation is coming soon as soon as i will be paid ... :-)
Works perfect, would be nice if it resized the images to match predefined sizes, but it works as expected. would be nice to have a fourth area at the bottom of the page as well.
Easy to use and beautiful
First of all, Andy always answer questions and accepts suggestions.
This addon is great.
Thank you Andy.
Top Bottom