This is my first add-on for XenForo so your feedback is welcomed.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
The script opens an always-on-top message inviting the user to add the application to the home screen. This is currently supported on iOS and Mobile Chrome. While other devices have the ability to bookmark any website to the home screen, only iOS and Mobile Chrome have a straightforward way to do it.
How does it look?
I only have iOS 8 devices to test as shown below:
thanks @rafass for the animated gif
Obviously you need to visit the demo via a mobile device to see this working and I have the demo page setup to show every visit which is not how this would normally be setup.
There is also a live demo here which uses the default icon set via CSS:
Note: This add-on will use the image set in Style Properties: Header and Navigation > Facebook Open Graph Logo for the icon so if you have not set a custom image the default XenForo image will be used.
- Upload the files to your forum directory from the 'upload' folder.
- Import xml file from the 'xml' folder.
- Configuration options can be set via the admin panel : Options > Add to Home Screen
Unmaintained Add to Mobile Home Screen 1.4.1
This addon opens an overlay inviting mobile users to add your site to their mobile homescreen
- Usergroup Admin Option Improvement. Jan 24, 2015
- Code Improvements & Parameter Inclusion Adhere to Permssions. Jan 15, 2015
- Simple User Group Permissions added Jan 4, 2015