1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Us 1.3

Creates an About Us tab and page.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Description:

Creates an About Us tab and page.

(Example)

pic001.jpg

(Example of User Group permissions)

pic002.jpg

Features:
    • Group Permissions allow showing the tab to specific user groups.
    • All phrases start with aboutus_ for your convenience.
    Installation:
    1. Download aboutus_v1.3.zip and unzip it.
    2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
    3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    4. Upload the addon-AboutUs_v1.3.xml file.
    5. Click the Install Add-on button.
    Setup:
    1. Set Group Permissions for each user group you want to show the About Us tab to.
    2. Edit the aboutus_description phrase to describe your forum.
    3. If using a language other than English, edit the aboutus_about_us phrase.
    Questions and Answers:

Q: I uses Notices and I would like to disable them when the About Us tab is clicked, how do I do this?
    A: Follow this link:

Admin CP -> List Notices -> Select a Notice -> Page Criteria -> Page Information -> Enter "Forums"
    Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description.

Recent Reviews

1. CFMack
    CFMack
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Hi Andy - I downloaded and installed this, however I could not find where to edit the description. I looked everywhere.
  2. adwade
    adwade
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    This is a very easy and simple-to-use add-on. It allowed us to just copy/paste the contents from our previous CMS page and drop them right into AndyB's aboutus_description Phrase. Click Save Phrase and we were done! It makes the information readily available, yet is not intrusive in any way. A PERFECT solution for our needs!
  3. CFodder
    CFodder
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Great addon that does exactly what it says on the box. Like this as a tab as not worried about the number of views and it makes it easier for members/ visitors to the site find ... especially as one of our sites doesn't allow any forum access to unregistered guests. Also cheers for adding the group permissions Andy :).