1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained 8thos Title URLs 1.0

How to reply for dummies. Supplement your buttons with title, create and reply links

1. DRE
    This Resource is Unsupported - 8/9/2012

This addon was inspired by Change thread titles in thread view into url links by Brogan. I would've created a template modification resource but saw no need because one already exists.

Sometimes noobs will ask you how to create a thread, post a reply, start a conversation or reply to a conversation. For some odd reason they don't see the pretty little call to action buttons and have not scrolled down to the bottom of the page to post in the quick reply box. I have no idea how they skip those but hey, lets add links for them anyway... People like links.

Perquisite: Must have the Template Modification System installed.

Directions: Unzip the contents and install the addon.

I suggest you all pimp out this addon in your EXTRA.CSS by checking out Shelley's Message Title Enhancement Resource.

You can see an example of the links in action on my own site:

Forum View URL and Create Thread Link
    http://www.8thos.com/forums/global-chat.14/
    messaget.jpg

Thread View URL and Reply Link
    http://www.8thos.com/threads/90s-rnb.17721/
    messaget2.jpg

Conversation List URL and Create Conversation Link
    messaget3.jpg

Conversation View URL and Reply
    messaget4.jpg

Recent Reviews

1. MsJacquiiC
    MsJacquiiC
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    A really nice modification. Simple, yet truly effective. Thanks for the sharing :)
  2. Adam Howard
    Adam Howard
    5/5,
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a band-aid. lol Interesting add-on. Creative.
    1. DRE
      Author's Response
      Now that's the definition of the term 'fool-proof'.
  3. Shelley
    Shelley
    5/5,
    Excellent and imaginative alteration. Nice work.
    1. DRE
      Author's Response
      Thank you! If anyone asks me how to add the extra.css for message title enhancement in the forum_view and conversation I'm directing them to your thread. haha