• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBcode in the preview is the exact same behavior as found in threads. An example on this site:

As to the issue you're having on the Recent Activity, the add-on should have had no effect on that. :confused: It seems more like an issue with the style you're using in general as that issue doesn't happen if you use the default style. The items inserted into the news feeds uses the same template code that other actions use, not blog-specific CSS is applied.​

Did you happen to customize news feed templates for your style?

Ahh....didn't realize that the BBCode showing is the same on xF. I wonder if that has been reported as an error or not.

Also, I just went to the skin designer's site (www.Xenique.com) and noticed that someone else had reported the issue. After a quick adjustment to the events.css file, things were good :D

Two minor items to report:

1. I made a blog entry while using the Flexile Dark style. It appeared fine. Later I switched to Flexile Blue and the text isn't readable. I am guessing the text color is hard-coded rather then using the color palettes @ tags.

XFblogissue.webp

Issue resolved. Apparently the text color was manually changed in the BBCode for this particular entry.

2. When making a blog entry the BB Code window is there normally. That window isn't available when entering comments. That may be intentional, but you may wish to add it depending if you feel blogs are for fast comments or more detailed replies.

The blog is using the style property colors, though perhaps I missed one somehow. :cautious: I'll look into it.

Comments are meant to be comments much in the same way profile comments are well... comments (and statuses for that matter). They aren't meant to have BBcode like posts, nor are they designed to attract attention away from the main content on the page.

Yes, the usergroup permission for viewing blogs is set to Allow.

Guests are set to Disallow, perhaps that has some impact on incorrectly stopping it from showing to other usergroups? I don't have FTP access right now, so I can't take a look at the code at myself unfortunately to investigate.

Question re permissions or maybe this is a suggestion as I'm not sure if the settings mentioned above have the effect I desire.
The forum I'm a member of is upgrading to xenForo, currently, due to the nature of the forum (personal development), my blog is accessible to members only, others like to have their blogs open to guests. Will the use of permissions already implemented in this addon achieve this or can this be added in a future release?

Great looking add on, thanks.

Question re permissions or maybe this is a suggestion as I'm not sure if the settings mentioned above have the effect I desire.
The forum I'm a member of is upgrading to xenForo, currently, due to the nature of the forum (personal development), my blog is accessible to members only, others like to have their blogs open to guests. Will the use of permissions already implemented in this addon achieve this or can this be added in a future release?

Great looking add on, thanks.
Something that's planned but not sure of the when, but it is something I'd like to be in 1.0.

At the moment, the admin can make the entire thing private from guests if there is worry about privacy issues for now though.

Hi Onimua..

How is business (coding) going? - Are you on the way to release some big stuff soon?
Some things took a bit longer than I thought it would (why it did will be evident when it's released), but I'm near the end and starting to polish off the code (mainly going over things and cleaning things up where necessary).

I'm finishing off one feature right now, and then there are two small features left after that. Once those are out of the way, some extensive testing has to be done to make triple sure they don't mess up anything, particularly for upgrades rather than new installs as they will be affected most by what's in beta 3. :)

Onimua, as I have said in private and on Twitter, LNBlog is quite a solid product, and your plans will only improve it to become the standard of XenForo blogging software. I highly believe that your add-on will set the standard for blogs on XenForo that any competitor (I'm looking at you XenForo!) will have to live up to and beat.

Truly a superb add-on and the coding principles of Quality releases really strikes many in the heart for what they want. :) So glad you chose XenForo over a custom software (that was you doing that a while ago right?)!

Onimua, as I have said in private and on Twitter, LNBlog is quite a solid product, and your plans will only improve it to become the standard of XenForo blogging software. I highly believe that your add-on will set the standard for blogs on XenForo that any competitor (I'm looking at you XenForo!) will have to live up to and beat.

Truly a superb add-on and the coding principles of Quality releases really strikes many in the heart for what they want. :) So glad you chose XenForo over a custom software (that was you doing that a while ago right?)!

Yes, I was beginning to write custom forum software because of certain events. Of course I highly doubt I'm setting the standard for anyone, especially XenForo. :p

Hear hear, KK.
I've said from the start that this is one of the most solidly integrated add-ons I've seen.

If one didn't know better, you would think it was part of the core.

Beta 3 pushes that even further. ;)

And no-one is prepared for what I have planned once the basics are out of the way. :whistle:

Yes, I was beginning to write custom forum software because of certain events. Of course I highly doubt I'm setting the standard for anyone, especially XenForo. :p
I'm sure some people are ready... well, I know of at least ONE person who is... He lives in this odd place called... um... um... Florida! haha. But honestly, as Brogan said, if it feels like it should be in the core, you are setting the standard.

No it's not the blog. This same thing happens with the Flexile skin in Jaxel's portal and other mods. It's a Flexile skin issue.

Apologies in advance if you came clicking here thinking there was news. :whistle:

I have some general questions.
  • How many people have the blog installed on a publicly accessible test forum with real blog data (like a copy of your live site that uses the blog)? And by publicly accessible, I mean somewhere I can access if I need to, such as behind .htaccess, not necessarily a completely unprotected/public test site.
  • How many people are comfortable with testing, which might also include some troubleshooting that might be a bit technical?
Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom