CSS Style Not Rendering?

ManagerJosh

I've been digging through the forums for the last few hours and can't find anything. Anyone have an idea why my CSS style simply doesn't render sometimes? I get this output... and it's annoying the pants off of me.

Attachments

• Capture - XF issues.webp
    Capture - XF issues.webp
    21 KB · Views: 146
In my situation, just added the following to .htaccess, which seems to have stopped:

Edit - Removed suggestion: This just cut down the frequency of this happening, it still happens eventually when testing with multiple chrome windows/tabs - Where as before it happened every single refresh.

Last edited:
When my host switched me to Apache, I had all sorts of issues which they said were .htaccess related. Works fine in Litespeed, so I have to continue to work that end. Right now, it's pick my poison. Apache renders the site broken throughout, but my host won't support custom .htaccess. Everything works in Litespeed, outside of this pesky CSS issue.

Can anyone confirm that fix before I try it?

See above edit - It's just cut down the frequency of this happening, it still happens eventually when testing with multiple chrome windows/tabs - Where as before it happened every single refresh. I can have a tab that renders fine no matter how much I spam it with refreshes, but open a few more and eventually I'll get one that displays the issue.

Also, CSS is served via css.php rather than individual files.

Last edited:
It does now appear to be fixed for us. Been a very long process trying to solve, for sure. What exactly was the issue Mike?

I seem to be having the issue on your site, in Google Chrome - 27.0.1453.116 m.

The only way I seem to have consistently stopped this happening on my site, is to set the content type in css.php (I'm not suggesting anyone else try this btw :)).

Is there a particular reason I shouldn't do this in the short term @Mike ? :)

I'm tempted to move over to nginx anyway, after a few issues with LS.

Last edited:
How about an official word on this @Kier ? This has been dragging on with no resolution for too long.

Are you using LightSpeed. Since it doesn't appear to happen on nginx or Apache, it would tend to lead me to believe it is more a LightSpeed issue than a xF one and better addressed to the developers of LS. Of course, there could have been changes in 1.5 that brought out a weakness in LS.

Yes, we're on Litespeed. I'm assuming it's the latter, but this issue only started happening with the latest XF versions so it involves both XF and LS.

Yes, we're on Litespeed. I'm assuming it's the latter, but this issue only started happening with the latest XF versions so it involves both XF and LS.

Yep same here, only happened since 1.1.5 and with Litespeed. Same setup running Apache renders fine.

Can't reproduce since setting the content-type in css.php.

How about an official word on this @Kier ? This has been dragging on with no resolution for too long.

As I've explained elsewhere, the web server is adding a content type to a response that doesn't have one (as the spec recommends in this case). It ultimately is a web server issue. The issue is not related to XF - you can find general reports for it.

However, if you want to submit a ticket with FTP details, I'll see if I can workaround it.

As I've explained elsewhere, the web server is adding a content type to a response that doesn't have one (as the spec recommends in this case). It ultimately is a web server issue. The issue is not related to XF - you can find general reports for it.

However, if you want to submit a ticket with FTP details, I'll see if I can workaround it.

Yes, I was hoping for a workaround until LS move their lazy asses. Let me know if you need another server to look at.

The submitted server wasn't the issue in question--or at least I couldn't reproduce the issue--so I do still need a test case.

Top Bottom