• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the code :) But when I create an XML and try to upload, I get:

Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpDKNA0r:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in EWRporta/Model/Modules.php at line 79
  3. EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 161
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/46/d88575212/htdocs/MobiXen/index.php at line 13

Scrub that. Incase anyone has issues, you have to edit module to match template, and have template in place before importing xml :)

Thanks Vodkaholic!

Here is what I have set up.

v4au0w.png

@Crazyace...it seems you are viewing the module section as a user, not an admin

How did you get to this page? If you chose the "Customize This Page" link, then you want to instead use the Modules link.

I fixed my issue. For some reason I can only put what I want to work in the Bottom Position and in the Right Position. Also I noticed that logged out users can edit the modules as well. I have triple checked the permissions and everything is set correctly. Any ideas?

@Crazyace...it seems you are viewing the module section as a user, not an admin

How did you get to this page? If you chose the "Customize This Page" link, then you want to instead use the Modules link.
Hey Ryan, thanks for the reply. I'm viewing as an admin. I didn't include the options at the top in the screen shot.

Normally an admin can see the Import Module block at the bottom. I don't see that on yours. If you are viewing as an admin, then you do not have the proper permissions.

Go to ACP > User Groups and set permissions to administrate the portal.

You can import if you have clicked on the "modules" option and not the "Customize This Page" :-) But it still only works when I add two to the bottom. Also guests can see the "Customize This Page" option and no content.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.8 CHANGELOG
  • Added the ability for administrators to "LOCK" module blocks. If a module is marked as locked, it can not be moved by any user; if a user has previously moved it, their customizations will be ignored.
  • Permission setting has been added to handle the ability to customize the portal page.
  • Fixed the link to the "Revert All" function on the customize portal page.

I updated to 1.3.8 and it still didn't fix my issues. It did fix the permission issue for the logged out user group. But my modules will still not stay in place and no content at all is shown to the logged out usergroup.

I updated to 1.3.8 and it still didn't fix my issues. It did fix the permission issue for the logged out user group. But my modules will still not stay in place and no content at all is shown to the logged out usergroup.
can confirm it. if logged out, there is no portal.
correction, works

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.8 CHANGELOG
  • Added the ability for administrators to "LOCK" module blocks. If a module is marked as locked, it can not be moved by any user; if a user has previously moved it, their customizations will be ignored.
  • Permission setting has been added to handle the ability to customize the portal page.
  • Fixed the link to the "Revert All" function on the customize portal page.
thank you jason... YeeHA!

Edit the MODULES page, not the CUSTOMIZE page. The CUSTOMIZE page is for USERS, the MODULES page is for ADMINS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom