• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always modify the template.

Just so you are clear, any user who modifies the page only modifies what they see. It doesn't affect anyone else in the world but their own view of the page.

Weird Problem ... help please.

I just opened my site up. I have two computers here. On the one I've been working on, I can see the XenPorta page and all its content, fine. On my other machine, I only see the container for the page, none of the content. I've cleared cache and cookies, checked permissions ... (though I don't really see where permission is granted to view the page) ... yet the page won't load in full, with its content / modules.

Others are beginning to let me know they are experiencing the same - can't see any content on XenPorta.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks.

Thanks Renada :) Indeed it does!

Unfortunately still have problems with the picture spilling out over the bottom bar... :(

This was posted many pages back, but wasn't commented upon nor fixed in the latest version so I figured I'd add it again with a screenshot!

Bug Report: After promoting an article to the front page, <span>Promote Options</span> code is displayed where there should be done. See attachment below.

View attachment 15494
Edit library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php. Search in line 84 for
PHP:
            array('linkPhrase' => '<span>'.($input['delete'] ? new XenForo_Phrase('promote_thread') : new XenForo_Phrase('promote_options')).'</span>')
Change it for
PHP:
            array('linkPhrase' => ($input['delete'] ? new XenForo_Phrase('promote_thread') : new XenForo_Phrase('promote_options')))

It work fine.

Salud2

Weird Problem ... help please.

I just opened my site up. I have two computers here. On the one I've been working on, I can see the XenPorta page and all its content, fine. On my other machine, I only see the container for the page, none of the content. I've cleared cache and cookies, checked permissions ... (though I don't really see where permission is granted to view the page) ... yet the page won't load in full, with its content / modules.

Others are beginning to let me know they are experiencing the same - can't see any content on XenPorta.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks.
Permissions

Check in the ACP > User Group permissions and in the module, each module has permissions

Ryan I'm not sure what you mean by this? How would I get my search to work the way I want it?
I think Ryan means test out your search terms there, and then copy and paste them into the module when you are getting the results you expected :)

I still don't understand how that is going to make all of the tweets - both mine, and my followers - appear in my twitter module.

Your twitter module is a twitter search viewer. That is it's function. It searches twitter and displays the search results in this block. If you are not seeing the results you want, you need to adjust your search.

Step 1 is to get it to work on the twitter search page. If you can't get it to work there, it wont work anywhere else.

Your twitter module is a twitter search viewer. That is it's function. It searches twitter and displays the search results in this block. If you are not seeing the results you want, you need to adjust your search.

Step 1 is to get it to work on the twitter search page. If you can't get it to work there, it wont work anywhere else.
Ok then, could you make a suggestion as to what to search for to get what I want? :)

Ok then, could you make a suggestion as to what to search for to get what I want? :)
Sure, first step is take a look at the twitter operators: http://search.twitter.com/operators

There is a bit of learning to do about how twitter searches work. It is not difficult, but you will probably need to experiment and tweak a bit. In short:

1. Determine if there is a hashtag you want to follow. An example would be #Superbowl. Anyone who uses twitter can send a message using #superbowl and if your search includes that hash tag, you will see it.

2. If you want to see all the tweets from a specific account, use the from: operator such as from:xenforo. If you want all the tweets to a specific account, use the to: operate such as to:xenforo. If you wish to have any tweets mentioning an account use the @ operator like @xenforo.

If you go to any XenPorta home page and hover your mouse over the "Join The Conversation" link, you will see what search results are displayed in the block.

Hey guys and lovely ladies.

I want to embed a flash slideshow (flickr) into our Xenporta... Is this possible? It is flash based.

Many thanks!

Edit: I have the full HTML embed coding for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom