• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit the MODULES page, not the CUSTOMIZE page. The CUSTOMIZE page is for USERS, the MODULES page is for ADMINS.
Jason I've edited the Modules page only and nothing - absolutely nothing - is showing up on my portal. It ONLY shows when I use the Customize page.

For some reason, a few blocks aren't showing up on the portal with this update.
And rearranging the modules, customizing the portal is working only through the Customize This Page, not the Modules page.

Very odd.

For some reason, a few blocks aren't showing up on the portal with this update.
And rearranging the modules, customizing the portal is working only through the Customize This Page, not the Modules page.

Very odd.
The modules page is the GLOBAL setting... the Customize page is the USER setting.

The modules page is the GLOBAL setting... the Customize page is the USER setting.
Yes I understand that. However, when I move modules around on the portal using the modules page, they are not showing up on my portal, at all.

I still can't get upcoming events to show up, nor the twitter module.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the portal, thus losing that html module that you added, and I can't find it anywhere.
I'm about ready to pull my hair out here.

Yes I understand that. However, when I move modules around on the portal using the modules page, they are not showing up on my portal, at all.

I still can't get upcoming events to show up, nor the twitter module.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the portal, thus losing that html module that you added, and I can't find it anywhere.
I'm about ready to pull my hair out here.
Click REVERT ALL on your customize page.

Click REVERT ALL on your customize page.
WORKED! Thanks Jason. Do you remember which of these threads you released that html module in, that has the links?
I can't find it anywhere.

Also, the twitter module is still not nor is the upcoming events module.

I have clicked REVERT ALL on the customize page. And I still can not see the chat module on the portal. Do you have any idea why?

I have clicked REVERT ALL on the customize page. And I still can not see the chat module on the portal. Do you have any idea why?
What server do you use? The chat module on the portal does not support most servers; only if the server has an API.

When not logged in, no modules can be seen, any way to fix this?
Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 10.15.26 PM.webpScreen shot 2011-06-07 at 10.15.41 PM.webp
As you can see, when not logged in, the server status module does not appear, it is set to in the settings, any way to get it to show up?? thanks.

Has nothing to do with what's happening
Two suggestions:

1. Go to CUSTOMIZE THE PAGE link and click REVERT ALL just in case a change has been made.

2. The only other issue would be permissions. Check the permissions you set on the modules.

Two suggestions:

1. Go to CUSTOMIZE THE PAGE link and click REVERT ALL just in case a change has been made.

2. The only other issue would be permissions. Check the permissions you set on the modules.
Revert just gives me a not found error, the permissions are fine, nobody can see the module, can I remove the customize thing? It's so stupid.

We can all get frustrated when software does not work as we expect. The important thing is not remain calm. The goal is to resolve the problem, not assign blame.

The issue in your case is one of the coding changes you made. Your sidebar blocks are showing up on your site. You made some customizations so your entire sidebar is showing up at the bottom of your site. Scroll down and you will see what I mean.

We can all get frustrated when software does not work as we expect. The important thing is not remain calm. The goal is to resolve the problem, not assign blame.

The issue in your case is one of the coding changes you made. Your sidebar blocks are showing up on your site. You made some customizations so your entire sidebar is showing up at the bottom of your site. Scroll down and you will see what I mean.
Oh, I do see it, but I made no changes at all, it's been like that since I updated Xenporta... Any way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom