• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a SEO analysis of my home page. I had 420 followed external links on my home page. That is an ungodly number. I removed my twitter block, and there were only 13 links.

400+ links just from twitter. I need an option to break all twitter links and show them just as text.

Module: Status Updates

I'd like to suggest adding the ability to exclude certain usergroups from displaying in the status updates module. This would help curb abuse and should not be too difficult to implement.

My twitter module is still not working on my portal. I get only a blank module.
What is the correct syntax to put in the search block? Would it be #mvalleytalk? or just mvalleytalk?
Either way, it's not working.

My twitter module is still not working on my portal. I get only a blank module.
What is the correct syntax to put in the search block? Would it be #mvalleytalk? or just mvalleytalk?
Either way, it's not working.

this is what I have:

comic book OR webcomic OR comics

Question... is there a way to eliminate the avatars on the recently active threads module?

Place this in your EXTRA.css
This removes the avatar and the placeholder .. dont know if it affects anything else beyond the portal...

Code:
.discussionListItem .posterAvatar .avatar {
    display: none !important;
}

.discussionListItem .posterAvatar, .discussionListItem .stats {
    display: none !important;
}

As long as it doesn't remove the avatar from the forum and postbit, I'm good, lol
Thank you again (and again, and again) :)

hi everyone i'm new to the XF community and i'm in the process of trying to convert my VB4 site to XF.
forgive me for asking such a basic question. i've tried to use the promote thread feature but after clicking on "promote thread" and getting the pop up to confirm the promote date, nothing shows up in the recent news module. i made sure the module was added to position: top and the page nav even shows but still no actual posts. what am i doing wrong? your help is much appreciated :) btw, the other modules that i have tested seem to be working fine.

I was having the same problem on my forum until I made my self a admin only and unchecked the other user ranks. After I did that it worked like a charm.

hi everyone i'm new to the XF community and i'm in the process of trying to convert my VB4 site to XF.
forgive me for asking such a basic question. i've tried to use the promote thread feature but after clicking on "promote thread" and getting the pop up to confirm the promote date, nothing shows up in the recent news module. i made sure the module was added to position: top and the page nav even shows but still no actual posts. what am i doing wrong? your help is much appreciated :) btw, the other modules that i have tested seem to be working fine.
I was having the same problem on my forum until I made my self a admin only and unchecked the other user ranks. After I did that it worked like a charm.
I am pretty sure you checked the "Deny" box for Registered Users. You should not do that, to accomplish what you want you just need to check "No/Not Set". Because Deny is unbypassable and since an admin is also a registered user you are preventing yourself.

A couple things to look at:

- your module's cache. Try changing to NOW and see if your content appears. Don't forget to change the setting back when you are finished troubleshooting.

- How many articles appear on your portal? If your module setting is to show 3 articles but you already have 3 appearing, then this article may not be visible depending on your promotion date.

- assuming you can see other recent threads, then permissions is not the issue. If it is a permissions issue, it would only happen if you changed the permissions in the module. This would not be related to any permissions in the ACP.

- your module's cache. Try changing to NOW and see if your content appears. Don't forget to change the setting back when you are finished troubleshooting
No need to change the length of the cache, you can just click on the "0" next to the module and the cache for that module is emptied.

hey guys i figured it out. actually it wasn't a permissions issue. in fact i just needed to rebuild my thread cache.
i used the XF importer tool to grab all my old VB threads, but i failed to run the last step (rebuilding caches). that's why new threads (created in XF) were promoted and showing up while old threads created in VB were not.

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom