• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cant get EventsUpcommign to show on the portal...

its enabled, its reverted and wont show whatsoever...EventsCalender shows, but not upcomming....
Jaxel,

I upgraded my portal from 1.3.6 to the latest. Ever since then the upcoming events module has stopped working.

Can you confirm if this is just an issue with my site or if its a bug? thanks

There is an error in the modules code. I have a workaround posted in the xenattendo thread.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.9 CHANGELOG
  • Fixed bug that would prevent certain blocks from working (bug introduced in last update)
  • Fixed bug would could possibly cause clashing with other mods.
  • Added support for Brogan's countdown clock module block... because its that awesome!
  • Added an option on the RecentNews block to disable the social widgets.

Aha! Facebook block. :D
When "Custom" moved to the left instead of the right sidebar or moved entirely off the Portal, the issue disappears. Soooo I'm thinking a width thing?
Something was telling me it had something to do with FB (doesn't it always?) ;)
Quite likely to be a template thing or some EXTRA.css tweaks.
Nope. Still got issues with this. Even on a fresh Default Style with No Parent.
Only happens when Facebook block is on the sidebar.
Firefox/Chrome/IE/Safari, whatever. Very weird and I've been over this several times to no avail. :oops:

Screenies:
When loading...

portal_sidebar_01.webp

...side scrolling bar reveals a big gap.

portal_sidebar_02.webp

v1.3.9 - problem still exists for me.
What's weird is that I noticed this happening out of the blue, I didn't change a thing, so I'm wondering if it's a Facebook "thing"?

Nope. Still got issues with this. Even on a fresh Default Style with No Parent.
Only happens when Facebook block is on the sidebar.
Firefox/Chrome/IE/Safari, whatever. Very weird and I've been over this several times to no avail. :oops:

Screenies:
When loading...

View attachment 16050

...side scrolling bar reveals a big gap.

View attachment 16051

v1.3.9 - problem still exists for me.
What's weird is that I noticed this happening out of the blue, I didn't change a thing, so I'm wondering if it's a Facebook "thing"?
That is the "size" on the facebook button at a guess I had the very same people adding the button on a custom page.

That is the "size" on the facebook button at a guess I had the very same people adding the button on a custom page.
Hmm interesting, thanks for the response :)
I'll probably look to move this FB block off the Portal or at least throw it over to the left side on a fluid, three-column arrangement in the meantime.

Ninja!
I'm afraid to upgrade. I just got the portal and atendo working right again. o_O
Not broken, don't fix? ;)

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.9 CHANGELOG
  • Fixed bug that would prevent certain blocks from working (bug introduced in last update)
  • Fixed bug would could possibly cause clashing with other mods.
  • Added support for Brogan's countdown clock module block... because its that awesome!

Fixed my missing modules! Fantastic :D

Hmm interesting, thanks for the response :)
I'll probably look to move this FB block off the Portal or at least throw it over to the left side on a fluid, three-column arrangement in the meantime.
I really, really want to avoid disrupting my Portal layout and therefore reader experience just to fix/"hide" this underlying issue.
Progressing to a 3 column layout with Facebook moved to the left is like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Can someone please confirm that this is an actual "Facebook Bug" and replicate this issue on their Portal simply by moving the FB Block to the right sidebar?
CSS and uploaded files are untouched, in place and ok. A complete uninstall/reinstall was done on localhost - same problem but the sidebar on localhost doesn't disappear when fully loaded (worse).
Loading the Portal up on iPhone (Safari) - just looks plain wrong. Have a go and you'll see what I mean. http://mx5life.com/community/portal/

I'm out of ideas. Even with a default style as previously said. o_O

I'm going to move mine to the sidebar and see if I get the same issue as you.

EDIT: nope. I left it there, so you can go look.

which style are you looking at? I don't see anything wrong on the mvt blue style?
http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/
On your blue style.
It's only present whilst the page is loading, it will rectify itself when the page has fully loaded.

Interestingly enough, I've just popped over to: http://www.terapvp.com/ and seen the layout there, with the Facebook block on the right.
The Width and Min-Width for Terapvp is set to 1000 pixels. So a fixed layout, not fluid.

My default style (DXF) is set to:

margin: 0 auto;
max-width: 1380px;
min-width: 853px;
width: 90%;

So: anything above or beyond this setting, including a fluid style gets the issue whilst the Facebook block is on the right.
The plot thickens...

How strange is that.

My site loads very quickly for me, less than 2 seconds, so I'm not able to see the issue.

Bug in v1.3.9 tested with Firefox 4.

All fine in picture 1, social share icons in place (see pink rectangle, far right) and a nice padding for the avatar block and sectionFooter (red arrowed).

portal_ss_01.webp

Now: Switching the Social Share off as in picture 2...

portal_ss_02.webp

Picture 3: See how the avatar block becomes confused with the sectionFooter. Because the social share buttons have been removed, there is no bottom padding.

portal_ss_03.webp

How strange is that.

My site loads very quickly for me, less than 2 seconds, so I'm not able to see the issue.
Got an iPhone Peggy? It bounces the Portal around upon loading. Wonderful in a non-entertaining way :D

Whilst writing this, :eek:...there are more pressing issues with MVT...(screenshot from iPhone)

photo.webp

and when zoomed in...

photo2.webp

yeah i have that issue on both iphone and ipad. That's because I have it set to fluid, but with margins set because I don't think it looks good so wide.
I guess I'll have to take the margins off of it. :rolleyes:

EDIT: ok I took the margins off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom