24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

I have college tommorrow morning, so by the time I get home, it might be closed. I'm not good with UK business hours, or even what time they would close over there, so I have to get in EARLY before I have to say "Oh $#!^" and regret it.
It is 1pm where we both live. They are going to release tonight.

The people who should possibly be worried are the ones in time zones where it is already past ~8-10 pm at night, as they are likely the ones that need the sleep right now, which I can understand makes them a bit agitated. However, the complaining and bashing of people is just going to far.

Quite honestly, I'd love if it all stopped, that way I can stop sounding like a hypocrite and leave the moral high ground. It just doesn't suit me, but if I don't do it, then I'll be no different from anyone else right now, and that just makes the problem much larger.

There are some things I do even though I don't have to. I'm free to express myself, yo.

And there you go twisting my words again, stupid. I never called you stupid (until just now), I only called your words stupid (which they were).
I know you called my words stupid, but then that implies that I'M stupid. Get it now? *Clicks report again.*

I feel it coming.
images

It is going to be a long night :)

Will make a clean install of Xenforo to a new site i plan and then will convert one of my existing sites to Xenforo as a test site and show it to my members.

It is 1pm where we both live. They are going to release tonight.

The people who should possibly be worried are the ones in time zones where it is already past ~8-10 pm at night, as they are likely the ones that need the sleep right now, which I can understand makes them a bit agitated. However, the complaining and bashing of people is just going to far.

Quite honestly, I'd love if it all stopped, that way I can stop sounding like a hypocrite and leave the moral high ground. It just doesn't suit me, but if I don't do it, then I'll be no different from anyone else right now, and that just makes the problem much larger.

You´re not alone with your opinion. It´s past 10 PM and I have to geet up around 4 in the morning. Estimating on how much time I will spent on the XF install and assuming that I can catch an hour of sleep almost makes me think, that 3 guys I´m aware off haven´t slept the last 36 hours... May be a few should think twice before posting - me too sometimes.

Top Bottom