24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

It just mean that it's supposed to be released now.
You're being a bit selfish maybe? KMA have some extra stuff on their plate since IB attacked them. And you want what you want when you want it. XF was never concretely promise to us TODAY. They simply said - and made it clear - that they would TRY for today, barring unforeseen circumstances. I'm sure you've seen the announcement thread by now, right? So how about cutting the guys a little slack?

I'm not. CBI Web was pretty much spot on.

Agreed.

Nowhere did anybody from XF promise to release the Beta today - nowhere. They were very careful to say words like "we will try" and "if everything goes well"...and the events from yesterday are almost as bad as it can get when you're planning an initial release like this.

We've all been patiently waiting for over 2 months for this release. I don't think it's going to kill anybody to wait another 24 hours.

To those of you hoping that it will still be released today: Don't get your hopes up. It's about 9pm for KMA right now. Do you really think they would open up sales right before they go to bed? Of course not. They'll need to be on hand for the sales rush, because there will be a lot of sales/support issues to deal with. KMA need some sleep, and they need to be able to attend to license sales with a full day ahead of them and at least some rest behind them.

There isn't any reason that anyone wouldn't want this to be released soon, and I'd agree I have been watching this to wait for them to release it and I wish it was soon. I know they said it would be released today, but I also know that due to yesterdays nonsense from IB that might have to hold it off for a little while. And they did say that it would be released today. I know that might not be relevant as of yesterday, but they did infact say it will be released today.

Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

I'm kind of in the middle in this situation though.

Top Bottom