24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

You're being a bit selfish maybe? KMA have some extra stuff on their plate since IB attacked them. And you want what you want when you want it. XF was never concretely promise to us TODAY. They simply said - and made it clear - that they would TRY for today, barring unforeseen circumstances. I'm sure you've seen the announcement thread by now, right? So how about cutting the guys a little slack?

You seem to have forgotten that Xenforo is a business. Were not getting this software for free, were having to pay for it. I cant speak for others, but a few more announcements wouldnt have gone a miss keeping those people that are waiting to spend their money informed.

Those comments are not synonymous with "I really hope the software gets released soon". Rather, it's petty *****ing and holding the developers responsible for a speedy release. Not the same thing at all.

IMO, depends on what kind of connotation you want to assign to those statements. To me I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's just eager about the release.

I don't think he's going to go batshit crazy if the release gets delayed until tomorrow. Again, I'd like to think this community is sane enough to understand the circumstances.

You seem to have forgotten that Xenforo is a business. Were not getting this software for free, were having to pay for it. I cant speak for others, but a few more announcements wouldnt have gone a miss keeping those people that are waiting to spend their money informed.
Excellent post. :) But also, everyone is trying to NOT miss the 24 hour sale, and most of them have to go to sleep. I was going to stay up last night, but I was sleepy.

Quite honestly, if you can't sleep because you're scared of missing a -24 hour- sale (Which starts the moment it is released) you a) sleep to much b) do not know how long 24 hours is c) lets just not get started on this one ;).

There are -many- reasons for the delay, most of which is the lawsuit (Ever been sued? Its not fun, and it takes a lot of time, and you know for sure everyone involved at XenForo is multi-tasking to do the best they can, -while- keeping things going legally), and it is now only 4 hours (If they consider business hours 8-5) after UK business hours; they stated it would be after business hours due to circumstances, and people should quit complaining already.

You are not going to miss the sale, and expecting consistent announcements does nothing more then waste time they could be working on the release.

Quite honestly, if you can't sleep because you're scared of missing a -24 hour- sale (Which starts the moment it is released) you a) sleep to much b) do not know how long 24 hours is c) lets just not get started on this one ;).
I have college tommorrow morning, so by the time I get home, it might be closed. I'm not good with UK business hours, or even what time they would close over there, so I have to get in EARLY before I have to say "Oh $#!^" and regret it.

I have college tommorrow morning, so by the time I get home, it might be closed. I'm not good with UK business hours, or even what time they would close over there, so I have to get in EARLY before I have to say "Oh $#!^" and regret it.

Well if they released it tonight then you'd still have tomorrow night to grad it. Keep in mind that 24 hours is a whole day! From sun rise to sun rise the next day.

No I didn't. You didn't have to call my words stupid. I'm not stupid, so save it.

There are some things I do even though I don't have to. I'm free to express myself, yo.

And there you go twisting my words again, stupid. I never called you stupid (until just now), I only called your words stupid (which they were).

I don't. Hence why I said "Chill out."

I do. Hence why I said "I agree with CBI Web". What the hell is your point, stupid? You seem to think your opinion means more than my own, which is hilarious.

You get to say what you want, and I get to enjoy the same right. Isn't equality fun?

EDIT: PS - You're free to not get offended. You don't even have to reply unless you've actually something to refute.

Top Bottom