24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

I have college tommorrow morning, so by the time I get home, it might be closed. I'm not good with UK business hours, or even what time they would close over there, so I have to get in EARLY before I have to say "Oh $#!^" and regret it.

Go to bed and order your license while having your first cup of coffee in the morning. Don´t understand your problem..

You´re not alone with your opinion. It´s past 10 PM and I have to geet up around 4 in the morning. Estimating on how much time I will spent on the XF install and assuming that I can catch an hour of sleep almost makes me think, that 3 guys I´m aware off haven´t slept the last 36 hours... May be a few should think twice before posting - me too sometimes.
I've had two hours in 3 days due to insomnia and just dealing with a few things before the release.

Those two hours were because my girlfriend started making threats :rolleyes:.

If you say you are going to do something, then do it.
If that fails then its your responsibility to keep people informed of when you plan to do it.
Being vague is not customer service.
A lot of people left vB because of such things.
While im not comparing XF to IB, why even let things start off on the wrong foot like this?

People understand that "**** happens", but you cant just say "**** happens, brb"... you need to give your customers a little more than that.

This isnt negativity towards XenForo, Mike/Kier/Ashley et all, so the increasing tone of belittling fellow customers is not called for.
Most of these complaints are fair. And simply voicing them does not mean that people are in any way against XenForo or the developers.

A customer has many reasons as to why he is waiting here for the release.
For me personally... i woke up a few hours early in order to buy my license, FTP the files up to my site, set up a test site, and have my tech admin and a few super mods start to get familiar with the admin panel and style creating functions. Then i planned to grab some breakfast and drive 200 miles on an errand i have to make.
Its nearly 1:30 in the afternoon and i have yet to go eat or leave town, but if its not here in the next 15 minutes i will have to wait till i get back tomorrow as its getting late.
No big deal of course, if i lose 40 bucks its not the end of the world, but i had planned this, and it would be nice to be told an approximate time frame, i might have just left a long time ago and grabbed some breakfast... well now more like lunch going on dinner :D

Spot on Ruven. Its all about the customer service, and to post an announcement saying "Coming Soon", to me is a bit of a pi$$ take. If its going to be at least a few hours, or tomorrow morning just let us know.

Spot on Ruven. Its all about the customer service, and to post an announcement saying "Coming Soon", to me is a bit of a pi$$ take. If its going to be at least a few hours, or tomorrow morning just let us know.
And if they need to extend the time in which they release again?

People get just as pissed off with that. Quite honestly, nothing they do right now will make anyone who is already complaining happy except the release.

Top Bottom