1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Zlib compression kills XenForo

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Shamil, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

For some reason, enabling Zlib compression, via php.ini on IIS7.5, with latest PHP, 5.3.3, seems to kills XenForo.
    PHP Error:
    [09-Oct-2010 15:39:51] PHP Notice: ob_end_clean(): failed to delete buffer zlib output compression. in C:\inetpub\site\library\XenForo\Application.php on line 139
    It's inflated by log size by 298 times :/
    Doesn't XenForo turn zlib off anyway?
  2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Use IIS dynamic compression instead.
  3. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Actually XenForo DOES break if you have any form of compression handlers enabled in php.ini. Regardless of whether it is windows or Linux or BSD...

Mike posted a fixed somewhere but I cannot find it now...

Edit: found it

Try this fix... http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-browser-timeout-issue.5099/#post-81880

That could stop the zblib errors... I also had them whilst zlib output handlers were present in php.ini, the moment I disabled them it worked.
  4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

There's only one other person who's seen the error, and no fix was posted for it. Dynamic compression has been disabled.
    Blandt likes this.
  5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Hmm, ok, didn't find that thread in my search. This seems to sort the issue. However, this also works:
    if (ob_get_length() > 0) {
    I think this is better than Mike's suppression of the output.
  6. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

It does break, I have not posted it as I saw that the fix that Mike posted fixes the issue.
  7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I prefer the method I've chosen, because it checks to see if the buffers exist.
    Blandt likes this.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Your fix isn't sufficient for all cases.
  9. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

My exam would throw a fit if I wanted to use @ suppression parameters lol.
    Ok, you know best :)