• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Duplicate  Zlib compression kills XenForo

Shamil

Well-known member
#1
For some reason, enabling Zlib compression, via php.ini on IIS7.5, with latest PHP, 5.3.3, seems to kills XenForo.
PHP Error:
[09-Oct-2010 15:39:51] PHP Notice: ob_end_clean(): failed to delete buffer zlib output compression. in C:\inetpub\site\library\XenForo\Application.php on line 139
It's inflated by log size by 298 times :/
Doesn't XenForo turn zlib off anyway?
 

Deebs

Well-known member
#3
NO
Use IIS dynamic compression instead.
Actually XenForo DOES break if you have any form of compression handlers enabled in php.ini. Regardless of whether it is windows or Linux or BSD...

Mike posted a fixed somewhere but I cannot find it now...

Edit: found it

Try this fix... http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-browser-timeout-issue.5099/#post-81880

That could stop the zblib errors... I also had them whilst zlib output handlers were present in php.ini, the moment I disabled them it worked.
 

Shamil

Well-known member
#4
Actually XenForo DOES break if you have any form of compression handlers enabled in php.ini. Regardless of whether it is windows or Linux or BSD...

Mike posted a fixed somewhere but I cannot find it now...

Edit: found it

Try this fix... http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-browser-timeout-issue.5099/#post-81880

That could stop the zblib errors... I also had them whilst zlib output handlers were present in php.ini, the moment I disabled them it worked.
There's only one other person who's seen the error, and no fix was posted for it. Dynamic compression has been disabled.
 

Shamil

Well-known member
#5
Actually XenForo DOES break if you have any form of compression handlers enabled in php.ini. Regardless of whether it is windows or Linux or BSD...

Mike posted a fixed somewhere but I cannot find it now...

Edit: found it

Try this fix... http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-browser-timeout-issue.5099/#post-81880

That could stop the zblib errors... I also had them whilst zlib output handlers were present in php.ini, the moment I disabled them it worked.
Hmm, ok, didn't find that thread in my search. This seems to sort the issue. However, this also works:
PHP:
if (ob_get_length() > 0) {
      ob_end_clean();
}
I think this is better than Mike's suppression of the output.