XF 1.5 Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: cannot connect to host; error = (errno = 0 )

Jim McClain

I have been getting this error for several days now and haven't been able to track it down.

Here is the server error log entry:
Code:
Error Info

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: cannot connect to host; error = (errno = 0 ) - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php:109
Generated By: Unknown Account, 16 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Pop3.php(190): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->connect('ssl://thefloorp...', 995, 'SSL')
#1 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(300): Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3->__construct(Object(stdClass))
#2 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#3 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#4 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#5 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#6 /home/thefloorpro/public_html/community/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "https://thefloorpro.com/community/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(103) "/community/topics/floating-lvt-over-particleboard-three-contractors-with-very-different-opinions.17959/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I'm using the latest version 1.5. Thanks for any ideas on how to fix this.

Jim

I reported the issue to KnownHost, where I have a dedicated server using PHP7.x. They changed the PHP handler to CGI and I have gotten no more errors since. I don't know what the original handler was and I don't know if this was a true fix, or just masking the problem.

Top Bottom