XF 1.3 Zend mail error

Maxxamillion

Any help on this please ive no idea. i also removed the users email for privacy reasons

Code:
Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to useremail@me.com failed: Unable to send mail. mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Could not execute mail delivery program '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i' - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:05 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(62): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
#3 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999961853)
#4 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999961853, '')
#5 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999961853, '', false)
#6 /home/thegamer/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/thegamer/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "http://thegamersquare.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(37) "/index.php?conversations/add&to=Wonko"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Is sendmail (or a symlink to it) present in /usr/sbin? Is this on a shared hosting provider or a VPS/dedi? If VPS/Dedi is it running Linux or Windows?
Are you using SMTP or the built-in PHP mail functions?

Is sendmail (or a symlink to it) present in /usr/sbin? Is this on a shared hosting provider or a VPS/dedi? If VPS/Dedi is it running Linux or Windows?
Are you using SMTP or the built-in PHP mail functions?

ill try and answer as many of these as i can.

1- no idea where to look for /usr/sbin
2- im on a VPS
3- running linux
4- build in function for mail i do believe

If you are on a VPS, then you need to access your VPS via SSH and check and see if sendmail (or a symlink) exists in the /usr/sbin directory.
It's a directory just like on a Windows system. You can get to it (after you are logged in via SSH) simply by typing in cd /usr/sbin and then do an ls sendmail. If the file is there it will show up in the directory listing. If it's not there, you can run updatedb (needs root priv's usually) and then do a locate sendmail and it should tell you where it is. If it is somewhere other than /usr/sbin then you need to create a symlink from it to /usr/sbin directory.

Check to make sure you have this checked in your Admin Control Panel:

Admin CP -> Options -> Email Options -> Email Transport Method -> Default should be checked

Assuming this is how it is set, I suggest asking your web hosting provider to help with this. Provide the error as you post in post #1.

I would probably guess that no MTA is installed. I'm pretty sure all the major ones expose a sendmail-compatible binary (with a symlink).

I have no idea how to do any of the above @Tracy Perry , ive never seen or used ssh before
You're going to have to get your host or a server admin to help then. (If you want a VPS and don't have server admin knowledge, you should definitely go for a managed server.)

Top Bottom