Z22SE.co.uk

MattW

Thought it was about time I did a show case thread, as I'm always open to ideas and suggestions with how the look and feel of the site could be improved.

Background: The site was started back in January 2006, to fill a niche in the Vauxhall website market. The forum specifically caters to the GM Z22SE engine, as found in the Astra, Vectra, Zafira and the VX220.

We started the forum running phpBB2, and stayed with phpBB until we migrated to Xenforo in February 2012

Here is what the site looked like back in 2007
phpBB2.webp

and how it looked on phpBB3 prior to migration
phpBB3.webp

I styled the default Xenforo theme using ColorizeIt to match the rough scheme of the phpBB3 site. The node icons are Shelley's Curved Glossy Icons, and we are currently rocking her Christmas tweaks!
xenforo.webp

A lot of time has been spent tweaking the server to run the site, as while it's small, we get quite a lot of traffic, and a lot of attached images in the posts. The forum uses the following space:

Code:
z22se@z22se.co.uk [~/public_html]# du -sh forum/
7.1G    forum/

and that doesn't include the attachments from the phpBB2 instance which I moved into a cookie less domain
Code:
root@vps [/home/cdnz22se/public_html]# du -sh userpix/
1.5G    userpix/

Server is currently configured with php 5.4.9, Percona Server 5.5.28-29.1, APC and libmemcached.

Because of the unique position we are in, we also run an online shop selling service parts for these engines. This is running OpenCart, and we've been using that for the last 2 years.

So, any suggestions on improving the look of the forum would be greatly appreciated, or any other feedback you have.

Top Bottom