• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Your thoughts

xIsabel38

So I started watching GIMP tutorials. Basically, because my site is going to go live soon, I wanted to create some promotional banners. Cover art I can use on Facebook and anywhere else really.

So I came up with this:

Using GIMP I made the text like that. First time I've ever done something like that. So I figured I'd try again and learn some more stuff. This time, this is what I've come up with:

I know it's just a fire effect and like everyone knows how to do it in 15 minutes. But honestly, it's the most complex graphic thing I've ever made and it took me like 2-3 hours. And it's the first time I've ever done anything like this. I've always liked Graphics and Design and all that, never thought I could see myself do it though.

Sador

@wedgar GIMP is basically a free version of photoshop. Apparently some less features, but not something that should be problematic for more casual users.

I quite like the burning effect personally, I think the banner above it seems somewhat crowded for space however..

xIsabel38

@wedgar GIMP is basically a free version of photoshop. Apparently some less features, but not something that should be problematic for more casual users.

I quite like the burning effect personally, I think the banner above it seems somewhat crowded for space however..
Indeed, GIMP is a great free platform and more powerful than I had thought.

The burning effect is my first attempt at it, the fire looks like the background other than coming from the text but I'll work on that a bit. The banner above, it definitely is crowded. I'll try to work on those things, thank you.

wedgar

Indeed, GIMP is a great free platform and more powerful than I had thought.

The burning effect is my first attempt at it, the fire looks like the background other than coming from the text but I'll work on that a bit. The banner above, it definitely is crowded. I'll try to work on those things, thank you.
Is this something like Adobe Photoshop?

Tracy Perry

Script-Fu scripts are your friend. ;)
There are several sites out there that you can make the text portions free and then place them in/on your images so you don't have to fight with it if you are "lazy" like I am sometimes. I'm pretty sure they use Gimp scripts to create them.

coollogo_com-3407222.png coollogo_com-3407257.png coollogo_com-3407269.png coollogo_com-3407285.png

xIsabel38

Script-Fu scripts are your friend. ;)
There are several sites out there that you can make the text portions free and then place them in/on your images so you don't have to fight with it if you are "lazy" like I am sometimes. I'm pretty sure they use Gimp scripts to create them.

View attachment 68567 View attachment 68568 View attachment 68569 View attachment 68570
So basically you're saying I spent like 3 hours on that but could have just gotten this and did it instantly? FML

xIsabel38

lol sigh

I want a program that can record my computer so I can record myself doing it. Anyone know of a free one that is good and doesn't have a giant watermark in the middle of the screen?