Your Site Wins $1 Million in a Contest - What Do You Buy?

Sorry, but in my location, I can live comfortably off of $500 a week.

Win a million, I'll never work again.
I hear they build really good houses in Texas for cheaper anywhere else in the U.S. But yeah I'm quite shocked at people saying $1million isn't enough. Sounds like something someone with a gambling addictions would say. If I had a million I'd be comfortable just living in an RV. Drive everywhere.

I buy nothing....

Getting money is not a reason to spend money.

Starting a business on the other hand is different, it is not spending money...it is investing it in future payoffs.

The way you argue sometimes reminds me of a short woman.

:eek:

I think your living in the wrong decade DRE. Jesus Christ. :ROFLMAO: You associate a person by their height by the way they debate/argue/stand by their viewpoint. Oh that is good. :LOL:

:eek:

I think your living in the wrong decade DRE. Jesus Christ. :ROFLMAO: You associate a person by their height by the way they debate/argue/stand by their viewpoint. Oh that is good. :LOL:
lol short woman are usually fiesty though. So if you really are 5'10" now I have to imagine Red Sonja when you argue.

Maybe I'm stuck in the 80s.

I hear they build really good houses in Texas for cheaper anywhere else in the U.S. But yeah I'm quite shocked at people saying $1million isn't enough. Sounds like something someone with a gambling addictions would say. If I had a million I'd be comfortable just living in an RV. Drive everywhere.

Better not drive too far since the cost of running an RV is probably $1 a mile (all told), so if you drive for one day you've used up your week's allowance...

Money is a funny thing. It's easy to get rid of if you are not paying close attention.

Money is only (IMHO) good for the security it provides and the avoidance of the pain that financial problems cause. Not much beats nature in terms of entertainment.

But if you really want a million - which you will end up valuing much more than if your site wins - here's the simple formula....

Work hard. Put away about $7,000 a year into a retirement place starting at age 32 or so. Adjust it upward when you have extra money or for inflation. Invest it relatively wisely.

You'll have a million or more when you are 60....plus, you'll probably also have skills to keep making some if you want to. If you have a regular job, you'll also get SS (in the USA) eventually also....plus, you've probably paid off your mortgage by that time.

Such a deal...

I'm not really one for cars and such but I would definitely buy this one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That color too. Not full Pink, more like a Black with Pink. Warriors in Pink edition or something.

So at the end of the day I would still have $600,000+ in the bank. While I could get by with less house and less truck I could still live the rest of my life and pay all my bills with what I would get from the interest alone.
5% > $30,000 > You can buy a relatively good car today for that.
For how long would you like to enjoy your $30,000 /year?
For a short term(10 years?): that is a good plan.

For the long term(30-50 years): not that good
In 50 years time because of the inflation $30,000 will be equal to today's 2,000 - 5,000 dollars.

Where do you people live where you can buy a nice house for $2-300K? Here in Vancouver a "nice" house will run you $1 million. And that's not a mansion - that's a typical house.

http://www.realtylink.org/prop_sear...0&PTYTID=5&MNPRC=900000&MXPRC=1000000&SCTP=RS

And this isn't even in one of the fancier neighborhoods. I have to agree - $1 million isn't that much. If you make $100K per year that's only 10 years of income. You could never put $1 million in the bank and make enough money to support the lifestyle of someone making $100K - not even close.

Where do you people live where you can buy a nice house for $2-300K? Here in Vancouver a "nice" house will run you $1 million. And that's not a mansion - that's a typical house.
That is the same for other places in the world that rate high in the liveability ratings. It seems ppl quoting 2-300k for a house live in USA. Reality is who would want to live there (besides refugees from third world countries)?

5% > $30,000 > You can buy a relatively good car today for that.
For how long would you like to enjoy your $30,000 /year?
For a short term(10 years?): that is a good plan.

For the long term(30-50 years): not that good
In 50 years time because of the inflation $30,000 will be equal to today's 2,000 - 5,000 dollars.

Where I live at in the US yes I could live very well off the $600,000 I put in the bank. Not everyone likes to live in big metropolitan areas living on top of each other. I actually like having grass to mow. I like not hearing sirens every 5 minutes. Me and my wife actually bought a nice house of 4 acres of land with 3 bed 1 bath for less than $50,000. Yeah it was from an old lady looking to sell to move closer to her son, but the point is where I live the cost of living isn't as high so with that being said I go back to my original statement that I could buy a bigger nicer house for $200,000-300,000 buy my Roush Ford F150 SVT Raptor and still put enough money in the bank to live off of.

I hear they build really good houses in Texas for cheaper anywhere else in the U.S.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Texas. I hate that state (not the people mind you) with a passion. They have by far the worst quality roads in the US. Plus their exit systems are stupid. 1 way frontage roads all over the place. You miss a turn you (well me considering I drive an 18-wheeler) may have to drive 5+ miles out of the way to get turned around. 5 miles may not sound like much but with diesel at $4.00+ a gallon and a truck that only gets 5mpg that adds up if you miss enough exits. If Texas had exists like all other states then it wouldn't be so bad.

@___@
All XF add-ons *within a reasonable price range* just because I like add-ons....

A decent house outside of the city and maybe invest into some small business.

I'd pay off the $13,200 we owe on our house, the $1800 we owe on our 2012 Ford Fusion, the $11,000 on the Volvo and then go buy me a new boat (I've got a perfectly good '96 Ford F250 PowerStroke with 87,000 miles on it to pull it with - it's not even broke in yet). :whistle:

Last edited:
lol short woman are usually fiesty though. So if you really are 5'10" now I have to imagine Red Sonja when you argue.

Maybe I'm stuck in the 80s.

Lol, this applies to my ex-gf. Short and tough, quiet lovely actually lol.

Last edited:
I'd sell everything. Buy a Lipari 41 and live on it. The rest of the money would last long enough for me to decide what I wanted to do next.

Top Bottom