Your Site Accomplishments

Amaury

What are some accomplishments you recently made?

Thanks to my co-worker @Nights, I now know how to install add-ons requiring server uploading and not just simple XML imports. With that information, I installed my first add-on, which was @Waindigo's Social Groups add-on!

Correctly (after locking all ports out :eek: and requiring IP KVM access) CSF on a ProxMox server without negatively impacting any of the VPS's it runs.

And now... since it's in Off-Topic. Learning how to play BF 4 on the xBox One after playing so much on the PS 4. The controller feels different. :whistle:

And now... since it's in Off-Topic. Learning how to play BF 4 on the xBox One after playing so much on the PS 4. The controller feels different. :whistle:

I've modified the title, though it's not really too big of a deal where this is in the grand scheme of things.

I learned how to write a batch file (that is scheduled to run on boot) which creates a Windows SYSTEM user mapped drive to my Synology NAS box so that it can be seen by Crashplan+ and backed-up to my cloud storage space. Belt 'n' braces and all that! (y)

Oh, and my main site accomplishment - still having it running, and active, and growing - seven years after starting it. :D

Moving my forum from rank #3, #4 or #5 or whatever rank it was in the old CODForums - to #1 (of course, depending on whether you been to the site before, location you're in, or keyword you typed).

My forum is still alive and active. Considering the fact that we became a community because we were shut down somewhere else and really don't have a niche, it's a big accomplishment.

Somewhat related to my gaming site... I dipped into dreamweaver to see what kind of control panel I could build. Turned out pretty decent, it was for a game called DayZ, I could create/delete users to access the control panel which allowed them to do all sorts of really cool in-game stuff. I'm sure it wasn't secure... or stable but it worked flawlessly when we were using it, it was my little baby :D

gepanel1.webp gepanel2.webp gepanel3.webp gepanel4.webp gepanel5.webp gepanel6.webp gepanel7.webp gepanel8.webp gepanel9.webp

I did everything by hand except the map, used another script for a resource on that one.

Top Bottom