1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Site Accomplishments

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amaury, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

What are some accomplishments you recently made?

Thanks to my co-worker @Nights, I now know how to install add-ons requiring server uploading and not just simple XML imports. With that information, I installed my first add-on, which was @Waindigo's Social Groups add-on!

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Correctly (after locking all ports out :eek: and requiring IP KVM access) CSF on a ProxMox server without negatively impacting any of the VPS's it runs.

3. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I found a nickel.

But I lost it again.

Amaury likes this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This was supposed to be about accomplishments you've made on sites you run or help manage. Not sure why it was moved from Forum Management.

5. Tracy Perry

Maybe because "Your Forum Accomplishments" might have been a better topic title? :D

6. Tracy Perry

And now... since it's in Off-Topic. Learning how to play BF 4 on the xBox One after playing so much on the PS 4. The controller feels different. :whistle:

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I've modified the title, though it's not really too big of a deal where this is in the grand scheme of things.

8. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

Our community has been online for 10 years. For a local car community, that is HUGE.

Russ

9. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I learned how to write a batch file (that is scheduled to run on boot) which creates a Windows SYSTEM user mapped drive to my Synology NAS box so that it can be seen by Crashplan+ and backed-up to my cloud storage space. Belt 'n' braces and all that! (y)

Oh, and my main site accomplishment - still having it running, and active, and growing - seven years after starting it. :D

10. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Moving my forum from rank #3, #4 or #5 or whatever rank it was in the old CODForums - to #1 (of course, depending on whether you been to the site before, location you're in, or keyword you typed).

11. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

My forum is still alive and active. Considering the fact that we became a community because we were shut down somewhere else and really don't have a niche, it's a big accomplishment.

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Somewhat related to my gaming site... I dipped into dreamweaver to see what kind of control panel I could build. Turned out pretty decent, it was for a game called DayZ, I could create/delete users to access the control panel which allowed them to do all sorts of really cool in-game stuff. I'm sure it wasn't secure... or stable but it worked flawlessly when we were using it, it was my little baby :D

gepanel1.png gepanel2.png gepanel3.png gepanel4.png gepanel5.png gepanel6.png gepanel7.png gepanel8.png gepanel9.png

I did everything by hand except the map, used another script for a resource on that one.

Amaury and Dakis like this.