Your fail today?

Don't know about what DW does, but would this work for you?

Well im talking about like when you have your own naming system... such as a tag or something ... and you change what your naming it. instead of manually doing it or copy pasting, you could highlight a phrase and right-click ->find and replace and edit the replace field to whatever you want in DW.. unfortunately when it comes to file names there is no app I know of that can do what I'm looking to be done. But no in answer to your question, that app is an image editing software I believe and I need file name archiving and editing utilities.

Well im talking about like when you have your own naming system... such as a tag or something ... and you change what your naming it. instead of manually doing it or copy pasting, you could highlight a phrase and right-click ->find and replace and edit the replace field to whatever you want in DW.. unfortunately when it comes to file names there is no app I know of that can do what I'm looking to be done. But no in answer to your question, that app is an image editing software I believe and I need file name archiving and editing utilities.
I haven't used it recently (and don't have it installed on my laptop to check), but I know it has batch renaming as well, so you can do things like "file-##" where ## starts at 01 and goes up by one for each file or something.

I haven't used it recently (and don't have it installed on my laptop to check), but I know it has batch renaming as well, so you can do things like "file-##" where ## starts at 01 and goes up by one for each file or something.
Sounds interesting, wonder if it will recognize anything other than the obvious image file extensions? Hmm... well I took a break from that as I finally had a micro-breakthrough with my uploader in php and I am going to focus on that until my brain quits on me as far as scripting is concerned. I may be able to minus 1 from my fail lists with this :-).

My fail today:
Not waking up earlier seeing as this was the day I finally understood something I was working on. Don't have any problems counting these days out on two hands :-)

I didn't get all of my Christmas decorations up. :(
:) you remind me of someone I know well, and to you Peggy I will also say the same response...

Damn, it's still November...you can't even do the whole 25 days til Christmas thing yet officially :)
So also I will add, don't fret you still have 1 day and 2+ hours to accomplish your goal before you can be considered behind the times :) Happy Holidays to you.

:) you remind me of someone I know well, and to you Peggy I will also say the same response...

Damn, it's still November...you can't even do the whole 25 days til Christmas thing yet officially :)
So also I will add, don't fret you still have 1 day and 2+ hours to accomplish your goal before you can be considered behind the times :) Happy Holidays to you.
Thanks hun. I usually have all of my gift buying done and decorations up by the day after Thanksgiving. So I'm running a bit behind.
I do have all but one gift purchased tho!

Thanks hun. I usually have all of my gift buying done and decorations up by the day after Thanksgiving. So I'm running a bit behind.
I do have all but one gift purchased tho!
Wow your a trooper! For myself, well you won't catch me around black Friday sales as I value not being trampled by the shopping stampede, so I get "some" done but I usually get most of it done shortly after turkey time to avoid the crazy influx of bargain hunters. Kudos to you, apparently I'm behind the crowd :).

Wow your a trooper! For myself, well you won't catch me around black Friday sales as I value not being trampled by the shopping stampede, so I get "some" done but I usually get most of it done shortly after turkey time to avoid the crazy influx of bargain hunters. Kudos to you, apparently I'm behind the crowd :).
OH no! No Black Friday for me either. NO way! I start my Christmas shopping around September, and have it done by Thanksgiving. Then the decorating is done during the two days after Thanksgiving. I do this for two reasons -
  1. I don't like shopping in crowds
  2. I'd rather spend the time with my kids (well, my son now, as my daughter is grown, married and moved away), teaching them what Christmas is about, baking together, singing holiday carols, riding around looking at the decorated houses, and smelling the pies, cakes, etc baking. Just enjoying a peaceful Christmas season.
It makes me giggle when I think of everyone out there frantically shopping their petooshies off, while I'm having a nice peaceful evening with my son, watching Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer or The Little Drummer Boy.

Not my fail, but .. someone told me on Skype they tried to lower the volume on the TV and it went up instead .. and found out she was holding the remote backwards.

I won't say any names, but Nix, you made me laugh.. uh oh.

\:p

My own blonde moment of the day was to leave the apartment without my keys and panicking because I was just taking the trash out and wasn't properly dressed for a long walk to my parents house in nearby village who have the reserve keys - and no phone on me.

I decided to just put trash downstairs anyway and then go to neighbors to call parents to see if I could get them to bring the keys or me walk there borrowing a coat or something.

When I was downstairs I automatically got keys out of my pants and opened the door, put keys back and walked up.
When I rang doorbell or neighbors i had a moment to think and realized I Just had opened/closed the trash area with my keys .. and slapped myself almost for the stupidity.

My brain didn't even register i had them in my pocket, despite that i felt if i had them on me. etc.
i guess the panic moment of locking myself out was enough to confuse me.

fail.

the neighbor opened the door and heard my confusing story and had a good laugh. we had a bit of coffee and a chat - which was nice though. hehe.

Not my fail, but .. someone told me on Skype they tried to lower the volume on the TV and it went up instead .. and found out she was holding the remote backwards.

I won't say any names, but Nix, you made me laugh.. uh oh.

\:p

Gee thanks for that :p still I can't believe I did that haha

Tried to clean my keyboard and because of the accumulated dust, I decided to use a vacuum cleaner.

Vacuum cleaner ate the CTRL key and I spent about half an hour to reclaim it from a dark and dirty abyss.

BTW: First post here and I hope it isn't a bad idea to have it in the fail thread :)

Tried to clean my keyboard and because of the accumulated dust, I decided to use a vacuum cleaner.

Vacuum cleaner ate the CTRL key and I spent about half an hour to reclaim it from a dark and dirty abyss.

BTW: First post here and I hope it isn't a bad idea to have it in the fail thread :)

haha :D been there done that ... but in my case I used a car wash vacuum :D :D no claiming anything back

My fail of the day : vB 4.1 upgrade :( my skin is messed up .. I have to look up the changelog

Not bad at all. heheh this sounds like something that would happen to me.

Welcome to XenForo!

Top Bottom