Your fail today?

Didn't save my work in photoshop. Lost 8 hours work on 12+ PSDs thus needing to design, slice everything again.
stomp.gif

Didn't save my work in photoshop. Lost 8 hours work on 12+ PSDs thus needing to design, slice everything again.
stomp.gif
That's harsh! An auto save functionality in Photoshop would be nice, but there are drawbacks, here's a quote from a Ps developer:

David Dobish said:
I will say that this is something we are looking into for future releases of the software. The problem with autosave is as the image gets bigger and bigger an autosave could severly hurt PS performance because we have to write the file to disk during a save. So you would be working in PS and then with out warning PS would write 500MB to disk and PS's overall performance would suffer during the save. I am not saying it is not a good request it is just a little more tricky than just auto save.
Source: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2909885

IMO, and I can't believe they haven't thought of it, Photoshop should ask you every 15 minutes or so if you want to save your work. It's astonishing though, that these guys can create such a complex piece of software, and completely neglect this aspect of it.

That's harsh! An auto save functionality in Photoshop would be nice, but there are drawbacks, here's a quote from a Ps developer:

Source: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2909885

IMO, and I can't believe they haven't thought of it, Photoshop should ask you every 15 minutes or so if you want to save your work. It's astonishing though, that these guys can create such a complex piece of software, and completely neglect this aspect of it.

It's entirely my own fault, I should know by now that saving on a regular basis is the right thing to do, especially when your working on scores of projects at the same time. I doubt though whatever adobe do to enforce a auto-save or alerting "you should save" feature would apply to me as I'm still using CS2 which I refuse to move from.

At least I got to shake my monitor in frustration that commenced after I lost everything. :P *Glares at monitor again*

Just about to demonstrate where a product is up to when this popped up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in ... on line 520

Rule of thumb, don't start adding new functionality prior to demonstrating .... d'uh!

Getting out of bed this morning. I just know it was 7am when I woke up ... well, for the first time. Somehow the clock manage to gain an hour by the time I next noticed it ... ;)

(Of course, the non-fail part of that fail is the warm cosy extra hour I got in bed today)!!!

Started a new alpha numeric naming and storage system for my storage computer...1400 media names later and after I woke up I realized....I lost the handwritten legend. Now I have to go through about 1400 files and watch them to determine what they are as now somemovie.mkv looks something like a13b10s05e12.x264.mkv.

What a waste of six hours. Any one know of a batch file name conversion program, something that has a find and replace function similar to dreamweaver's when your replacing? If not don't worry it's just something else for me to break:-0

Top Bottom