You sure we're in a recession?

Good.. at least you're spending on something!

Hopefully some of it was even on American produced products.

I could give a **** where something is produced. If an American company made it, it's affordable and good quality then I'll buy it.

Why the sudden shift to jingoism?

I could give a **** where something is produced. If an American company made it, it's affordable and good quality then I'll buy it.

Why the sudden shift to jingoism?

I wasn't referring to you in particular.. more your nation, glad to hear you collectively were out and about spending, not something I understand has been happening a lot recently.. it might indicate consumer confidence is on the rise.. something that would be a good thing.

Jingoism lol erm no.

Gotcha. Sorry about the assumption. I've been dealing with a few people in the last few days that are religious conservatives and the way they talk about "Buyin' 'Murrican!" sounded amazingly like your post. :oops:

My bad.

Gotcha. Sorry about the assumption. I've been dealing with a few people in the last few days that are religious conservatives and the way they talk about "Buyin' 'Murrican!" sounded amazingly like your post. :oops:

My bad.

lol no probs.. BTW I am not American, nor religious, nor particularly parochial, but I do think supporting one's own industries where possible is a good thing :)

Americans Spend About $6.8 Billion Total On Halloween
That doesn't even take into account how much will be spent on by people like me some people who take advantage of the day after Halloween to pick up the candy on sale. What is really odd is going into a super market and seeing something like a bag of Kit Kats with Halloween packaging on the shelf next to a bag of Kit Hats with Christmas packaging and the price of the Halloween themed bag is 50% reduced.

Lately I've been paying more attention to where some of it is made. Hershey Chocolate, a pretty well known US manufacturer, seems to be increasing the amount of products imported in from Mexico. Hershey is so well recognizable as a US brand, plus I am located within driving distance of Hershey, PA (yes, there is an entire town that was created as a result of the original Hershey plant), that seeing imported Hershey products on local shelves is just depressing.

Top Bottom