You should have Unanswered Threads be filterable

Much like the option in Nodes to have: Include threads from this forum when users click "New posts"

With "Unanswered threads" arguably being just as important for some people, the need to parse out certain forums is pretty important. Just a suggestion.

Isn't this it?

FirefoxScreenshot071.webp

No we have certain forums that are auto filled by RSS feeds or never get replies per-say and would like them to not show up on the Unanswered Threads page.

Unanswered threads should respect the "Include threads from this forum when users click New posts" setting, either that or create a new setting specifically for unanswered threads.

Sounds good, I've liked it. But even more, I'd like this option with a New Threads filter - meaning a New Threads filter that wasn't restricted to only unanswered threads, but included all new threads by date or other criteria (meaning not new threads and posts), whether "answered" or not. Really easy to set up such things with IPB's activity streams: hopefully the XF team will look at adding a similar system in 2.1. One can hope!

Sounds good, I've liked it. But even more, I'd like this option with a New Threads filter - meaning a New Threads filter that wasn't restricted to only unanswered threads, but included all new threads by date or other criteria (meaning not new threads and posts), whether "answered" or not. Really easy to set up such things with IPB's activity streams: hopefully the XF team will look at adding a similar system in 2.1. One can hope!

We've got a birthday announcement add on, clogging up our unanswered threads page.

Looks like 2.1 didn't do it, what are your thoughts on a new add on for your collection @AndyB

Top Bottom