Add-on Unanswered Threads Forum Filter

donwon

We need the ability to exclude certain forums and sub forums in our unanswered threads list. We used to to have an add on that did just this on XF 1x and we really need this.

I was quoted $250 for this job. Does it seem fair? I don't mind paying if it's fair but I have no idea. Thanks.

Seems excessive to me too.
Depends on what you want to have.

If a simple setting (multiselect, doesn't care for sub-forums - all froums that should be excluded must be selected) in XenForo settings is sufficient, the Add-on does not need to be polished otherwise and no extensive documentation is needed - that should be doable in about 15 Minutes for an experienced developer, factor in a few more minutes for communication, billing, etc. - let's say 30 minutes.

But if you wanted an Add-on with three per-node usergroup permissions
  • Excluded by default
  • Can un-excluded forum
  • Can exclude
, you want to have a nice GUI for users to configure exclusions, you want the Add-on to have a professional designed custom icon and full admin & user documentation including screenshots as a PDF - that would take considerably more time, maybe a few hours.

If that work is done by a professional ageny I'd say 250 $ might be quite adequate, if not cheap

Attachments

Top Bottom