XF 2.1 Unanswered threads - can I exclude certain sub-forums?

SNSSO

This mostly applies to the moderators/admins (of my site) and as such I'm finding Threads with no replies (aka unanswered threads) useless because it shows all of the spam and spam cleaner deletions.

Is there a way I can exclude certain sub-forums such as the Deleted Content and Spam Cleaner Deletions?
I know they are specific to our forum, but we keep a log of everything and that includes what is deleted, but I really don't want to see it in the unanswered threads view.

There are a couple of others I would like to exlude as well, I just don't know how to.
Presumably there is an entry that could be put into the Display Condition: field?
Or perhaps the extra attributes? That the account has to be a valid member or member of a certain permissions group?

Ideas anyone please?

Is this in regards to an add on?
No. It's part of core xf2.1.

Screenshot_20191020-100959_Opera.webp

Under this option, I want to exclude certain sub-forums that are not desired in this filter.

It is under setup, public navigation, unanswered threads. Then into it's settings.

Screenshot_20191020-101508_Opera.webp

I'd like to a certain set of sub-forum so that as an admin/moderator I don't see all of the unwanted crap (such add the sub-forum that the spam cleaner puts spam threads). I appreciate that only moderators and admins see these threads, but it renders the unanswered threads view useless to admins and moderators as a result. (See example attached below)

Screenshot_20191020-102137_Opera.webp

I was hoping that perhaps the display condition field could be used to exclude unwanted forum from this setting ? I just don't know how.

I was hoping that perhaps the display condition field could be used to exclude unwanted forum from this setting ? I just don't know how.
The display condition is just a simple true/false condition for whether or not to show the navigation item. It doesn't have any effect on the feature itself.

There's no way to exclude nodes from this list, it would require an add-on.

Here you go. Use the "Thread does not have reply" criteria and select your forums, use as a side widget, or as a full widget on a page, and replace the URL in the nav if needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom