XF 2.2 You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action

CBI Web

I've just created two member accounts for a freshly installed 2.2.3 forum. I set them as administrators, but they are getting this error when they log in:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action

What did I miss?

I've just created two member accounts for a freshly installed 2.2.3 forum. I set them as administrators, but they are getting this error when they log in:

What did I miss?
go to ACP > Groups and Permissions > administrators and top left click add to administrators
then select Add user to user groups (Administrative)
then select either super admin or regular administrator and give permissions as needed

hope this helps

go to ACP > Groups and Permissions > administrators and top left click add to administrators
then select Add user to user groups (Administrative)
then select either super admin or regular administrator and give permissions as needed

hope this helps
Thanks, I had done all that but still didn't work. I had to go into User Permission and set everything to Yes for the specific user, then it worked.

Seems odd, so maybe there's an easier way I'm not aware of?

Thanks, I had done all that but still didn't work. I had to go into User Permission and set everything to Yes for the specific user, then it worked.

Seems odd, so maybe there's an easier way I'm not aware of?
Thats weird that it did not have use the admin settings already set ?

Thats weird that it did not have use the admin settings already set ?
I thought so, too.

Edit: Just checked my own user permissions, and they are not all set to Yes. Some are, some are not. Yet I can do everything, and never got the "oops" error. Maybe because I'm forum owner? This has me confused, lol.

I thought so, too.

Edit: Just checked my own user permissions, and they are not all set to Yes. Some are, some are not. Yet I can do everything, and never got the "oops" error. Maybe because I'm forum owner? This has me confused, lol.
ok so I did a test. created user set as registered and added secondary user group admin and moderator. then when I created the user it shows I=on the same page top left edit user again
then I clicked edit and under the registered user - has 2 links make moderator and make administrator
so I clicked on moderator first and add as super moderator but you have to select groups> admin moderator registered and then select all other options.. below then save
then I went and added a super admin and I had same options as my original admin when first setting up Xenforo.

so maybe you need to add secondary groups in order for the admin options and moderator options to trickle down without having to change them manually

Top Bottom