1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You do not currently have any licenses. =/

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Gustavo Fernandez, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Gustavo Fernandez

Gustavo Fernandez Active Member

Hello, my friend "DL Lucky_" has bought a license ... The I added in the list of licensed users but I can not download it from my customer panel

HelpMe Please!

Attached Files:

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should probably use this contact form:

http://xenforo.com/contact/

Note that the list of associated users is for forum accounts here on the community forum. It enables access to the customer forums. It doesn't have anything to do with downloading xenForo from the customer area.

3. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

They will only have access to the customer only section of the XenForo site. BUT the download area is only reserved for you. The license holder :)

4. Gustavo Fernandez

So only the buyer can download it?

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes. The software itself can only be downloaded from the customer area using your email and password:

http://xenforo.com/customers/

6. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

YES... I for one do not want my moderators / coders have access to my licenses :) make sense ;)

7. Gustavo Fernandez

Ok, Thanks !

8. Gustavo Fernandez

9. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Download it and email it :)

10. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Which is distributing it to someone who doesn't own a license to the software, and shouldn't be running a copy of the software.

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Adding forum accounts to your customer account is just to enable those members to have full access to all the customer forums. It is not to allow them to download and install a copy of the software.

As per the license agreement, you are limited to 1 normal installation and 1 test installation:
    You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Gustavo Fernandez likes this.
  12. Gustavo Fernandez