Yesterday's Security Update

Big Dan

Hi Guys,

I've always wondered why the XenForo update zip always hovers around 5MB even when selecting the download upgrade package only option in the customer area.

According to yesterday's announcement only one file had to be overwritten. I could see having to upload a second file to update the version number but not a whole bunch of files. What gives?

A decision was made to create a third point release as well as a patch file.

It's up to you which one you use.

If you use the release, the version will be increased to 1.4.1.
If you use the patch file it will remain at 1.4.0.

I noticed the lack of a bullet list of fixes in the announcement, so just to clarify - 1.4.1 only contains the one updated swfupload.swf file? Nothing else? No other fixes?

I only ask because I updated that one file on all eight of my boards last night as a quick-fix (until I could find more time to do the full 1.4.1 update). ;)

Hi Guys,

I've always wondered why the XenForo update zip always hovers around 5MB even when selecting the download upgrade package only option in the customer area.

According to yesterday's announcement only one file had to be overwritten. I could see having to upload a second file to update the version number but not a whole bunch of files. What gives?
The upgrade package doesn't know which version you're upgrading from, that's why all the files minus images (I believe) are included.

Images are also included.

The upgrade package does not include the following files and directories:
.htaccess
data
internal_data

Other than that, it's identical to the full package.

I was lazy and was still hanging around on XF 1.4 RC1, so it was a very good excuse to get off my backside and update to the full supported release... :whistle:

Top Bottom