Yahoo Mail Registration Problem

phaze3131

I tried registering using yahoo mail, but no confirmation email, also asked a friend to register but same no confirmation. Not in the inbox or spam folder.

I tried with a custom email, gmail and hotmail, no problem with the confirmation. So I guess only yahoo mail. Anyone having the same problem? Solutions?

Consult with your host to examine the mail logs. It may contain an error message that indicates the cause.

Otherwise this:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/dealing-with-spam-filters.366/

Just did, it's not a problem with the host.
2013-05-09_2351.png

So looks like a Xeno problem. It's strange that only yahoomail but no problem with other email client. Is this a common problem? Anyone had the same problem before? What to do? Need help..

Just did, it's not a problem with the host.
So looks like a Xeno problem. It's strange that only yahoomail but no problem with other email client. Is this a common problem? Anyone had the same problem before? What to do? Need help..
Nope... not an xF problem... just registered on my forum using my yahoo email and got this
example.webp

Hmm. Strange.. Wonder what's causing the problem in my forum. It's not with the host also.
Don't EVER bet on that. What hosting service are you using?
Could Yahoo be blocking your email due to your IP being on a blacklist?
What is the IP (or domain) of your site?
This is what my postfix mail log showed for my VPS
Code:
May  9 23:46:51 twowheeldemon postfix/pickup[13870]: C02D91F390: uid=33 from=<webmaster@twowheeldemon.com>
May  9 23:46:51 twowheeldemon postfix/cleanup[14306]: C02D91F390: message-id=<20130510044651.C02D91F390@twowheeldemon.com>
May  9 23:46:51 twowheeldemon postfix/qmgr[3314]: C02D91F390: from=<webmaster@twowheeldemon.com>, size=4252, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May  9 23:46:53 twowheeldemon postfix/smtp[14308]: C02D91F390: to=<tracydeanperry@yahoo.com>, relay=mta6.am0.yahoodns.net[66.196.118.33]:25, delay=2, delays=0.02/0/0.86/1.1, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 ok dirdel)

Don't EVER bet on that. What hosting service are you using?
Could Yahoo be blocking your email due to your IP being on a blacklist?
What is the IP (or domain) of your site?
This is what my postfix mail log showed for my VPS
Code:
May  9 23:46:51 twowheeldemon postfix/pickup[13870]: C02D91F390: uid=33 from=<webmaster@twowheeldemon.com>
May  9 23:46:51 twowheeldemon postfix/cleanup[14306]: C02D91F390: message-id=<20130510044651.C02D91F390@twowheeldemon.com>
May  9 23:46:51 twowheeldemon postfix/qmgr[3314]: C02D91F390: from=<webmaster@twowheeldemon.com>, size=4252, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May  9 23:46:53 twowheeldemon postfix/smtp[14308]: C02D91F390: to=<tracydeanperry@yahoo.com>, relay=mta6.am0.yahoodns.net[66.196.118.33]:25, delay=2, delays=0.02/0/0.86/1.1, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 ok dirdel)

Hostgator.. I'll talk with them again. Thanks for the help.

Hmm. Strange.. Wonder what's causing the problem in my forum. It's not with the host also.

I've been looking at this for a little bit now and those messages make me believe it's a server/host configuration error somewhere. I've not experienced this issue in any manner and members with Yahoo! mail accounts only get bit by our mails getting dumped in the spam/junk mail folder from time-to-time.

Are you using SMTP to send mail or the default method?

First two things to check... the area that ENF referred to... and then the blacklisting. I'll assume you are going to check that since you didn't provide your IP or domain.
Sometimes helping out can be like
resize_1367488773_uploads_images_1799a395e37a1700210a7cf94873e811_jpg_610x0_100.webp:D

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&id=SLN3444&impressions=true
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&id=SLN5070&impressions=true

The second link above relates that they DO use Spamhaus... so if your IP is blacklisted that is probably why you are not able to send the mail.

The snippets that you showed are not your full log for your email. If the mail is successfully being delivered you should see an SMTP confirmation code similar to "250 ok dirdel" that indicates your message has been delivered.
That last portion is direct from the first link I posted above.

I've been looking at this for a little bit now and those messages make me believe it's a server/host configuration error somewhere. I've not experienced this issue in any manner and members with Yahoo! mail accounts only get bit by our mails getting dumped in the spam/junk mail folder from time-to-time.

Most likely, if others here are not having problems. using default.

What is the domain or IP... I can check to see if it's blacklisted real quick.

Here's the domain http://prepaidcellforum.com. Forum is new and still in construction..

Appreciate the help.

I see, so that's probably the reason. Hmm. Can I ask my host to change IP? It could fix the problem.
I know recently we had a new forum owner have problems with FaceBook not allowing connections (apparently because of being in the blacklist). Their host changed their IP to a clean one and they had no further problems. It's worth getting into a chat on their support page and asking. The two that are listed are not major blacklists (well, apnews.org is not a minor one) - and they probably aren't causing the problem, but I would eliminate all chances.

With it only being yahoo, odds are his IP is blacklisted since the others work OK. I would still like to also see the full log text for the attempts to see if it is even being successfully delivered.

I've experienced similar issues with Yahoo before and it seems they practice tarpitting - which means that if your board sends a lot of email to Yahoo addresses they will occasionally mark your IP address as a potential spammer (presumably this is automated based on variables of time/volume of emails/subject lines etc.).

I feel foul of this, in particular, with the Forum Watch add-on at CycleChat - which emailed members when new threads were added to selected forums; along with all the other emails that CycleChat generated, it seemed this additional load tripped the tarpitting at Yahoo and people were seeing long delays before their emails eventually arrived.

Check your SMTP logs - I was getting ... 451 Message temporarily deferred.

I'm not suggesting this is the case for you, just offering another thing you can look at (since you mentioned it's Yahoo only). If you've got a busy board and lots of members using Yahoo email addresses it might be worth looking into:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL&id=SLN5064&impressions=false&locale=en_US

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom