• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[xxmP] XenXero Media Player

So let me get this right....

I am thinking what you would like is:

• a single embedded player which may or may not have other player instances on the same page that it should not conflict with...that would have it's own playlist of sorts which can be navigated by clicking on a desired target image, text, or any html element which would in turn load the corresponding video file into the player container.

You are not limited to video at all I would mind you....the only example I have is really done at this point to show that you can have video auto play or onclick and use html elements and whatever you can think of and put into code.

http://xenxero.com/xxslideshow/

If you want to see an example of something closer to what you are talking about with one player and a list of sorts you will have to send me a pm and I will give you a link that you may not share with anyone.

So let me get this right....

I am thinking what you would like is:

• a single embedded player which may or may not have other player instances on the same page that it should not conflict with...that would have it's own playlist of sorts which can be navigated by clicking on a desired target image, text, or any html element which would in turn load the corresponding video file into the player container.

You are not limited to video at all I would mind you....the only example I have is really done at this point to show that you can have video auto play or onclick and use html elements and whatever you can think of and put into code.

http://xenxero.com/xxslideshow/

If you want to see an example of something closer to what you are talking about with one player and a list of sorts you will have to send me a pm and I will give you a link that you may not share with anyone.

that slideshow is nice, does your addon do that too?

Ide love to know how to have something like that for sure.

EQnoble

How is the progress on the previous request I made ?

Also I was wondering if its possible to make it so, whenever someone embeds a video, it comes as a clickable image. Once you click on the image, it opens an overlay with the player.

Something similar to this, I seen on 8wayrun

http://8wayrun.com/threads/kayanes-video-interview-with-tago-san.8098/

As you can see, there is an image / screenshot of the video, once you click on it, it opens an overlay and plays the video.

and hopefully it could work something like, it opens the video in its default dimensions. Let me know if thats possible.

Do you have the sidebar uploader widget or any kind of uploading tool for this flowplayer yet?

I had one...but like I said in the other addons of mine that use uploaders, the uploader needs to be rebuilt because it is not safe the way it is now.

I am doing a few other things addon wise but this is on the list to fix.....again I am trying to pay someone to make me a general uploader to tie into xf that I can extend for my needs. Until that happens ...chit just ain't poppin off with anything of mine that uses an uploader.

I'll hit you asap when that happens and that's bond.

I had one...but like I said in the other addons of mine that use uploaders, the uploader needs to be rebuilt because it is not safe the way it is now.

I am doing a few other things addon wise but this is on the list to fix.....again I am trying to pay someone to make me a general uploader to tie into xf that I can extend for my needs. Until that happens ...chit just ain't poppin off with anything of mine that uses an uploader.

I'll hit you asap when that happens and that's bond.
Thanks bruh. I got some members that wanna upload videos and that xenmedio add-on just ain't built for that.

Well I know it is not optimal...but for now...you can handle that if there is only a few members in need of uploading by creating ftp access for them to that folder directly and only (the media folder...it is kind of wack but hey for now it is what it is.) and then set the bbcode to be for that directory(if you trust them)....if you want help in the meantime doing that hit me back in a convo and we can lace up some sort of uploading ability for them.

Well I know it is not optimal...but for now...you can handle that if there is only a few members in need of uploading by creating ftp access for them to that folder directly and only (the media folder...it is kind of wack but hey for now it is what it is.) and then set the bbcode to be for that directory(if you trust them)....if you want help in the meantime doing that hit me back in a convo and we can lace up some sort of uploading ability for them.
Thanks man I will soon. Trying to create a style right now. Do you have your own forum?

Yeah and no...do I have a license...yeah...do I run a forum on it ...no.

I basically install it, mod it...sometimes break it, and then export an addon and move it to a temp install that I have sitting and collecting dust which basically serves as the perfect locker to keep stuff in...being xenforo addons and all. (I really need to consolidate so I can keep track of everything...but I have so much on my plate right now that I have given my word on... so that has to take a back burner I think)

99% of the people who sign up on my forum I delete just because I am not running a forum I guess...I just want to develop on a live environment since windows does funny things to Apache and it is faster than installing a nix distro into a vmware container. The only people I don't remove are the ones who don't post anything and the a few people that I host pages for though to be honest I basically spam my own forum with test posts to see if anything I am making breaks normal functionality. I have been thinking about running an actual forum but...I will be that guy who has rules and I will not be forgiving at all when they are broken so me and being a leader is a dangerous thing...I'd probably do better as clark kent from the park bench if you know what I mean.

The other factor for me not running a forum is a personal issue that would lead to total disarray for a community relying on me solely to run it. I dunno if you want to keep track of the mess I make you can check out xenxero /dot/ com

Top Bottom