• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[xxmP] XenXero Media Player

Hi EQ.

I am curious about your selection of the Flow Player. I noticed Jaxel uses JW Player. Personally it doesn't make a different which player is used, but it would benefit everyone to use a single player from a software install and licensing perspective.

Do you see the Flow Player as having any advantages over JW?
Actually, imo, it benefits everyone if there are 2 different players. For those who don't like the JW Player, they have Flow, and vice versa.

Remove the bbcodes if you have added them already and grab the new ones and add those.
You need to follow the updated 2nd post in this thread using /xf in place of where I used /forum. This should solve your problem.
I followed all the instructions, but the video is not played :(
When I load a page, I see the picture number 1
I press on the screen - I see a black screen, the picture number 2
The status bar (picture number 3) in my opinion did not properly reflect the path to a remote video (. flv), because the path is duplicated and redundant tags are visible.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 10
Actually, imo, it benefits everyone if there are 2 different players. For those who don't like the JW Player, they have Flow, and vice versa.
pretty much the opposite is true

Two pieces of software which provide identical functionality are being installed on the server. Now both will be loaded, both need to be updated, if you have a business site then you need to purchase licenses for both, etc. There is not a single advantage to your site's users or admins of having both players. It would be like installing both vBulletin and XF on your site and saying that those who prefer the vBulletin interface can use it, and those who like the XF interface use that. Yes, that is an extreme example but still, it works.

Users have no choice which would be used. Admins don't either. With XenMedio, the JW player would be used, with this add-on the Flow player is used.

They are both media players. I have not compared the two but they are basically the same. My only suggestion is if one is deemed better then the other, then we should all move to the better player.

The status bar (picture number 3) in my opinion did not properly reflect the path to a remote video (. flv), because the path is duplicated and redundant tags are visible.

I will need the url of your forum to see what is wrong.

pretty much the opposite is true

Two pieces of software which provide identical functionality are being installed on the server. Now both will be loaded, both need to be updated, if you have a business site then you need to purchase licenses for both, etc. There is not a single advantage to your site's users or admins of having both players. It would be like installing both vBulletin and XF on your site and saying that those who prefer the vBulletin interface can use it, and those who like the XF interface use that. Yes, that is an extreme example but still, it works.

Users have no choice which would be used. Admins don't either. With XenMedio, the JW player would be used, with this add-on the Flow player is used.

They are both media players. I have not compared the two but they are basically the same. My only suggestion is if one is deemed better then the other, then we should all move to the better player.
Why would people install both of them? That doesn't make any sense.

Why would people install both of them? That doesn't make any sense.
you are funny! You switched sides awfully fast there...

If you use XenMedio, you have JWPlayer because that's what that add-on uses.

If you use this new add-on, you would have flow player because that is what it uses

I enjoy both EQ's work and Jaxel's. I would just hope the two of them can have a quick chat, decide which player is best and then let's use it.

Switch sides? How exactly did I switch sides when I don't use either of these mods yet.
And why does there have to be sides?

Also when using the bbcodes for this...always drop the http:// from the beginning and the file extension (in this case flv)from the end of the media url

If your video address is http://thisisyoursite.com/some/path/to/thevideo.flv
it would be used in the bbcodes like this with remote flv's as an example:
[rflv]thisisyoursite.com/some/path/to/thevideo[/rflv]

When you removed the http:// from the beginning of the link it still remained a clickable link because xenforo see's a link and wraps it in url tags. When you delete the http:// it still is parsed as a link.

You will need if that happens to highlight the rflv tags and contents within and click the unlink button in the editor or repost it.

I have replicated your problem using the example video you provided and that is what it is for sure.
Untitled.webp
when I deleted the http:// it didn't break the autoparsed link created when using http:// or www in forum posts, the contents between the opening tag and the final tag itself are acting as a link. You need to break the link like I said or just highlight the entire post and click the remove formatting button.

remember to always drop the http:// as it is already included in the bbcode as well as the file extension.

you are funny! You switched sides awfully fast there...

If you use XenMedio, you have JWPlayer because that's what that add-on uses.

If you use this new add-on, you would have flow player because that is what it uses

I enjoy both EQ's work and Jaxel's. I would just hope the two of them can have a quick chat, decide which player is best and then let's use it.
She didn't switch sides. If you read close enough, you'll notice that she says "those who don't like JWPlayer can use FlowPlayer," meaning that you can install this over XenMedio. Or vice versa.

She didn't switch sides. If you read close enough, you'll notice that she says "those who don't like JWPlayer can use FlowPlayer," meaning that you can install this over XenMedio. Or vice versa.
Actually whats funny is I have mashed up my xxmU uploader with my xx8U uploader...if someone wanted they could use my addon to upload media and grab the media bbcode from my uploader so they can paste it in the media url in medio. They could still have medio playback their files.

If they didn't want to install this mod and still wanted the uploader they could go here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/uploader-sidebar-for-xenmedio-χχ8u.11114/#post-183143 and figure it out from there though I am not supporting that item....I only posted that to help some people out and give them a place to start.

On a side note, if you install the BBcodes via BBCM, I'm 99% sure you can change them from [xxmp] as you'll have the complete backend. ;)
Yup you can literally copy any of the bbcodes and paste the contents into the fields when creating a new bbcode and make bbcodes to call specifically styled containers. For instance, I produce music...all of my music that I have produced and is meant to be heard outside of my circle sits at a private domain. I will be calling those media files with a bbcode called [xerosound] or something similar and it will use a custom flowplayer swf and have some custom functionality.

EQ, I noticed your uploader in another thread. It looks great!

What security risks, if any, are there to offering users the ability to upload these files to the server directly? I hate to ask but...what's the worst someone can do using your interface?

EQ, I noticed your uploader in another thread. It looks great!

What security risks, if any, are there to offering users the ability to upload these files to the server directly? I hate to ask but...what's the worst someone can do using your interface?
?
Sry, I honestly did not see it. I just noticed the screenshot you shared in the BB Code thread and didn't want to post the question there.
? I don't have a screenshot in the bbcode thread showing an uploader. hmmm

Unless its something you want for your users i recommend to just create a FTP account that points to the media directory and upload that way. The HTML uploader I think would be limited to the php upload limit which on most sites is small for security reasons too I believe. FTP is much easier anyway, you can make a public account even if you want your users to go that way and link it straight to the directory where your media is stored, give them permissions to upload but not delete... easy

Top Bottom