[XTR] Hot Threads

[XTR] Hot Threads 1.0.4

No permission to download
Hi, thanks for the reply. For some reason, the first time the 'change language' pop up did not appear. Appreciate it. I did install and am using, but was expecting the criteria to include time limited vs. # of replies. In other words, a 'hot' thread to me is one that a lot of people are responding to RIGHT NOW or during a brief period. When I first set parameters, since it was based on thread replies, almost all my threads were marked 'hot'. I had to go waaaay up on that total to get some of the more popular (not sure that's the same as 'hot') threads only to show. Any thought to adding '# of replies per __ days or __ weeks' as a parameter. That would probably provide a more accurate reflection of a really active current thread vs. replies which could happen over months. Just a question/suggestion. Thanks for the help on getting it installed.

Hi, thanks for the reply. For some reason, the first time the 'change language' pop up did not appear. Appreciate it. I did install and am using, but was expecting the criteria to include time limited vs. # of replies. In other words, a 'hot' thread to me is one that a lot of people are responding to RIGHT NOW or during a brief period. When I first set parameters, since it was based on thread replies, almost all my threads were marked 'hot'. I had to go waaaay up on that total to get some of the more popular (not sure that's the same as 'hot') threads only to show. Any thought to adding '# of replies per __ days or __ weeks' as a parameter. That would probably provide a more accurate reflection of a really active current thread vs. replies which could happen over months. Just a question/suggestion. Thanks for the help on getting it installed.

Dear @BGObsession,
Many thanks for the good feedback. I agree with you,
Yes, it is possible to add "Adding '# of replies per __ days or __ weeks' as a parameter."
This suggestion has been added to the to-do list. (y)

Regards.

@BGObsession
I've added a max time limit option just a little touch. Now, it would probably provide a more accurate reflection of a really active/hot current thread. The new version will be released tomorrow! When I have more time I will add criteria options as for your suggestion. 🍻

1645215455982.webp

Not working. the icon is not showing after the update.
Thank you for your feedback.
I checked the last release and everything works fine!
Please make sure your thread_list_macros template is not outside of the original default template.

1. Set the max. time limit
2. Select promoted status type to add a hot icon.
3. Set the action count to activate the hot thread icon.

Result,

1655631556211.webp

You really need to streamline your onboarding process... 12 hour after joining your site and providing all necessary data.... and still awaiting on acknowledgement.

Hi, I recently uninstalled your addon because I think it conflicted with my theme (and the icon never showed up no matter what I did), and after it being uninstalled for some time I get this error:
Screenshot 2023-07-18 090836.webp
Which made no sense because I no longer had the addon installed and whenever we uninstall an addon in acp it's supposed to take away all modifications to templates etc etc. . This has not directly impacted my site performance - but to prevent any further issues, I reinstalled the addon just to avoid any further error messages like this in the future, even if the addon didn't really work in my theme. Just thought I'd give you a heads up!

@XDinc Not able to download this from your site - Logged in, however shows "no permission to download" :(

EDIT - now added the additional requirements and could download ok - Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom