XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Everything seemed to go well, except now instead of the Wordpress portion showing up, I show this in the front end menu:
thxlink_navtab_thx...

You'll need to rename the navigation tab in the XenForo public navigation manager.

And this when I click on it:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'XF' not found in /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include() #1 /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/vapingan/...') #2 /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/index.php(17): require('/home/mysite/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php on line 18

Should I just revert to the original XPress WP theme I had before updating?
That won't change anything. Head to your platform settings, check whether they are correct or not and then resave. If it saves, you should be good, otherwise you'll need to check the error that is appeneded to the one thrown in the ACP error log for further information.

After 10 days you are with same song of next update. I delete it and never reinstall it, I waste my money and time in a bugged Add-on.

As much as I understand your frustration, I am not sure what you are trying to achieve by continuously claiming you're going to uninstall and delete the product. We're not holding back with updating just because we randomly feel like it, but because we're actively working on it and it's simply not done yet. Threats of any kind wont make the time that is required for that pass any faster, unfortunately.

It has been pointed out, here in the thread, as well as in a private conversation, and in case you've opened a ticket probably there too, that you can have a refund of your purchase, should need be. I am entirely unsure why you continuously try to make us responsible for any money loss.

Unfortunately, this product is buggy and unfinished. That's why I had to ask for a refund – one of the very rare times in ten years of using WordPress-related software.

It is good and important to see there are other people having similar and/or other issues. This is not a devs-only thread but open for everybody to ask questions, share their experience etc.

I had reported my issues here in the past and was accused and offended by some participators here.

I see this is starting all over again again.

Ok I am trying update to the 2.1 xpress version. I'm new to thexlink feature. So when I'm adding a platform its asking me The absolute URL to this platforms installation. What do i put the actual url or the installation location?

Unfortunately, this product is buggy and unfinished.

This comment is a little harsh. In the last 3 releases I've had 1 bug that was the fault of ThemeHouse (The WP comment box not working.) in the next update its fixed and working great. Its a complicated setup and most of the issues come from third party add-on interference.

Their support is excellent, they're active on slack and you can always see issues and updates on GitHub. When another add-on does interfere they're quick to notify the creator of the issue.

Ok I am trying update to the 2.1 xpress version. I'm new to thexlink feature. So when I'm adding a platform its asking me The absolute URL to this platforms installation. What do i put the actual url or the installation location?

You put the absolute URL: https://yourdomain.com

This comment is a little harsh. In the last 3 releases I've had 1 bug that was the fault of ThemeHouse (The WP comment box not working.) in the next update its fixed and working great. Its a complicated setup and most of the issues come from third party add-on interference.

Their support is excellent, they're active on slack and you can always see issues and updates on GitHub. When another add-on does interfere they're quick to notify the creator of the issue.

You put the absolute URL: https://yourdomain.com
Thank you for the clarification, i really appreciate it :)

We’ve been running Xpress since our conversion to Xenforo in Jan and so far we’ve seen one issue which was the title tag not working correctly. Talking to Mike C yesterday this has been patched but I need to update still. Our users have yet to see that we’re running two separate programs which was the entire goal of us using Xpress. I’m not sure saying the program is completely bug filled is correct as it works perfect for us, it just may not be the perfect product for what all users wish.

I've been running it on a test site. There are some minor pesky bugs, but overall pretty good. I however will not be installing on my live site until the next patch is released.

As soon as you use the plugin you will end up with a number issues and/or problems in wordpress. It might be a good solution when you would like to extend your existing Xenforo forum with a Wordpress blog but not if your main goal is to extend your existing and established wordpress blog with a forum. ThemeHouse themes and add-ons are usually of an outstanding quality, but this one unfortunately is not - at least not now.
Amongst the many problems I ran into (both on a local installation and live site as some issues will only be discovered once you or your users interact in an unforeseen way)
  • various issues reported here when syncing users, threads etc
  • no possibility to style the Xenforo threads showing up under WordPress articles as they are entirely controlled by XF and only styled properly when using XenPress theme
  • no possibility of importing previous WP comments into Xenforo thread display, reverting to WP default comment or disqus ->ending up having thousands of comments displayed in a different way, creating a confusing end-user experience ("why is there a thread?", "why is this next article connected to a discussion forum whilst the other one is not?" etc.)
  • problems/issues when trying to connect a new/and or existing wp article to an existing xf thread
  • display issues when wordpress themes/plugins also use font-awesome icons (->noticeable both on backend and front-end)
  • the biggest problem: broken wordpress caching and minification ->> the absolute deal breaker
  • support was "friendly" but not really fast or helpful

Last edited:
today I got this error and the web has been temporarily inaccessible.

What happened ?
when the new update will be released ?

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1615]: Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:217
Generado por: Cuenta desconocida 24 Mar 2019 a las 01:43
Seguimiento

SELECT `xf_thread`.*, `xf_th_xlink_entity_link_XLinkEntityLink_1`.*, `xf_th_xlink_platform_link_PlatformLink_2`.*, `xf_forum_Forum_3`.*, `xf_node_Node_4`.*, `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_5`.*
            FROM `xf_thread`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_th_xlink_entity_link` AS `xf_th_xlink_entity_link_XLinkEntityLink_1` ON (`xf_th_xlink_entity_link_XLinkEntityLink_1`.`content_type` = 'XF:Thread' AND `xf_th_xlink_entity_link_XLinkEntityLink_1`.`content_id` = `xf_thread`.`thread_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_th_xlink_platform_link` AS `xf_th_xlink_platform_link_PlatformLink_2` ON (`xf_th_xlink_platform_link_PlatformLink_2`.`platform_id` = `xf_th_xlink_entity_link_XLinkEntityLink_1`.`platform_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_forum` AS `xf_forum_Forum_3` ON (`xf_forum_Forum_3`.`node_id` = `xf_thread`.`node_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_node` AS `xf_node_Node_4` ON (`xf_node_Node_4`.`node_id` = `xf_forum_Forum_3`.`node_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_permission_cache_content` AS `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_5` ON (`xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_5`.`content_type` = 'node' AND `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_5`.`content_id` = `xf_node_Node_4`.`node_id` AND `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_5`.`permission_combination_id` = '1')
            WHERE (`xf_thread`.`thread_id` = '307')

LIMIT 1
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1615, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1615, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1261): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT `xf_...')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(149): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchOne()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(1372): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find('XF:Thread', '307', Array)
#6 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(21): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->assertViewableThread('307', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Estado de la solicitud
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(90) "/foro/index.php?threads/como-montar-un-servidor-de-plex-con-google-drive-y-plex-drive.307/"
  ["referrer"] => string(23) "https://www.google.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/como-montar-un-servidor-de-plex-con-google-drive-y-plex-drive_307/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom