XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Installed, configured and here's one bug?
Widgets > Add Widgets

This is the error I get when I access ACP > Widgets > Add Widget
Ticket also posted. -- #11462

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 71
XF::handlePhpError()
in_array() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 71
ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Repository\Widget->refreshXPressWidgets() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 28
ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Repository\Widget->findWidgetDefinitionsForList() in src/XF/Repository/Widget.php at line 72
XF\Repository\Widget->getWidgetDefinitionTitlePairs() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php at line 75
XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->actionAdd() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

As stated here, if you can provide an importer for XFA Better Blogs, I can buy this - as can the many other users who bought into it.

My members are unlikely to want to use a new blog until I can recover their old blog posts. And as in the other message, I'm happy to provide tables from my database if that will help test an importer.

As stated here, if you can provide an importer for XFA Better Blogs, I can buy this - as can the many other users who bought into it.

My members are unlikely to want to use a new blog until I can recover their old blog posts. And as in the other message, I'm happy to provide tables from my database if that will help test an importer.
We're definitely going to do the importer, but it is important to keep in mind that WordPress by nature is not a replacement for a user blogging system, but an article system.

No ETA for that at the moment, sorry!

Can you give more details how to use this command ?
You include it in your custom wordpress php template.

Is there a setting to select which forum nodes an article can be posted to? Right now, it appears that every node is in the dropdown, even ones that I have read-only or hidden. I'm sure something would prevent the user posting in them (I haven't tested) but I'd feel better if I could reduce that list down.

is everybody else's single sign on working?

I flubbed something when I originally installed mine, and among other things Single Sign On did not work. After I put in a support ticket, TH was able to help reinstall it and the SSO has worked perfectly since then. I believe part of the reinstall included removing bad database entries from my failure. Sure this doesn't help much except to say it is possible to get it working right. I just don't know what my problem was, precisely, or how it was fixed.

Is there a setting to select which forum nodes an article can be posted to? Right now, it appears that every node is in the dropdown, even ones that I have read-only or hidden. I'm sure something would prevent the user posting in them (I haven't tested) but I'd feel better if I could reduce that list down.

Currently there is not. I wouldn't rule it out as potential feature once we have usergroup mapping and potentially a permission system for WordPress up.

what is the comment problem?

Sampe;

View attachment 180482
Unless the markup is rendered plain and that is what the screenshot is supposed to tell, I can't spot the issue. If it is rendered plain, I'm pretty sure that's not coming from XPress. Feel free to open a ticket and we can have a look.

is everybody else's single sign on working?
Haven't had any trouble with SSO on dev or any clients pages. If yours is not working, feel free to reach out per ticket and we can tackle the issue together.

Has anyone tried installing Tapatalk with UI.X2 and Xpress? Everything was working fine in Xpress, and after I installed Tapatalk, I now get this error when I click on BLOG:

An exception occurred: [Error] Call to a member function getParams() on boolean in src/addons/Tapatalk/Listener/Hook.php on line 340

1. Tapatalk\Listener\Hook::getCurrentPageType() in src/addons/Tapatalk/Listener/Hook.php at line 37
  2. Tapatalk\Listener\Hook::templateHook()
  3. call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 35
  4. XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2392
  5. XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 1231
  6. XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 449
  7. XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml() in src/XF/App.php at line 1766
  8. XF\App->renderPage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 310
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 18
  10. ThemeHouse\XPress\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  11. XF\App->run() in Wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress/App.php at line 119
  12. XPress\App->runApp() in Wordpress/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/footer.php at line 19
  13. require_once() in Wordpress/wp-includes/template.php at line 688
  14. load_template() in Wordpress/wp-includes/template.php at line 647
  15. locate_template() in Wordpress/wp-includes/general-template.php at line 76
  16. get_footer() in Wordpress/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php at line 129
  17. include() in Wordpress/wp-includes/template-loader.php at line 74
  18. require_once() in Wordpress/wp-blog-header.php at line 19
  19. require() in Wordpress/index.php at line 17

At least for me "Enable category navigation bar" does not seem to be work. As you can see although it is disabled, category navigation bar does still existed at Wordpress blog page.

How can we disable sub categories and only show main categories ?

NOTE: Also reported at https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues
That is not what this style property is for. The style property governs the listing of categories at the top of post pages, looks like the following:
2CwTZb5.webp

If you want to set up your own custom subnavigation, you can do that through the XenForo Public Navigation manager.

Has anyone tried installing Tapatalk with UI.X2 and Xpress? Everything was working fine in Xpress, and after I installed Tapatalk, I now get this error when I click on BLOG:
Errors in conjunction with Tapatalk nearly always end up being an issue on Tapatalks end of the deal. For the most part, there's nothing other add-on developers can do about it.

Errors in conjunction with Tapatalk nearly always end up being an issue on Tapatalks end of the deal. For the most part, there's nothing other add-on developers can do about it.
Yeah, but I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone else has dealt with this problem already. Or at least it can serve as a warning. From previous experience, I know it takes forever to get anything resolved with the people at Tapatalk. I'll probably just re-install the XPress add-on.

Actually, from the errors, it looks like I may just have to delete Tapatalk. Again.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone else has dealt with this problem already. Or at least it can serve as a warning. From previous experience, I know it takes forever to get anything resolved with the people at Tapatalk. I'll probably just re-install the XPress add-on.

Actually, from the errors, it looks like I may just have to delete Tapatalk. Again.

Yeah, Tapatalk is no fun for developers and forum owners alike... :cry:

Well, I just disabled the Tapatalk add-on and everything is fine now. I have my fingers crossed that the people at Tapatalk will notice my support ticket in between their crack breaks and at least TRY to do something, other than trying to tell me to go to the app developer. :mad:

Currently there is not. I wouldn't rule it out as potential feature once we have usergroup mapping and potentially a permission system for WordPress up.

Unless the markup is rendered plain and that is what the screenshot is supposed to tell, I can't spot the issue. If it is rendered plain, I'm pretty sure that's not coming from XPress. Feel free to open a ticket and we can have a look.

Haven't had any trouble with SSO on dev or any clients pages. If yours is not working, feel free to reach out per ticket and we can tackle the issue together.

@Lukas W. the upload too big was a great clue. I responded back to your ticket. Please add the response to your documentation for PLESK users! As long as the user has Admin Control of that domain for PLESK, no need for contacting webhost.

Applies to All Plesk Users who want to use the SSO

1532624919322.webp
5. Hit Apply and the 502 error goes away

--------- Additional Pictures

Snip20180726_27.webp

Snip20180726_28.webp

fastcgi_buffers 16 16k;
fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;
proxy_buffer_size 128k;
proxy_buffers 4 256k;
proxy_busy_buffers_size 256k;

Last edited: