XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Having a look at these and will get back to you! :)
Thanks Dalton, let me know if you want me to file a formal ticket at the Audentio site. I figured this might be a better place to ask so we can easily share answers with other Xpress users.

Really hope you can solve the "0 Comments" problem -- it is making our site look bad :(

Thanks Dalton, let me know if you want me to file a formal ticket at the Audentio site. I figured this might be a better place to ask so we can easily share answers with other Xpress users.

Really hope you can solve the "0 Comments" problem -- it is making our site look bad :(
Please create a ticket on our support portal when you are able. For the first question you had, as long as you're showing it as a list or masonry style, you can uncheck the option "Enable excerpt for blog post preview" which will remove the "Continue Reading" button. The second question would need to be investigated further on your board.

For the last question that one is entirely related to your users being automatically synced. By default, your users would need a WordPress account, otherwise, XPress can't sync their comments over. If not, you will need to turn off comment sync and use the thread embed instead.

For the first question you had, as long as you're showing it as a list or masonry style, you can uncheck the option "Enable excerpt for blog post preview" which will remove the "Continue Reading" button. The second question would need to be investigated further on your board.
Hi Dalton, thanks for the reply.

This does not seem to work. We are using list style, i have unchecked the option:

excerpt-disable.webp

But on our front page, it is still showing with the continue button (even after refreshing numerous times):

continue.webp

Any idea why it doesn't work properly?

thanks!
adam

I don't understand why Xpress can't just read the # of comments associated with the XF thread it's linked to. It's overkill to have to sync all our users and comments and have them clog up WP's database just to show the # of comments.

I don't understand why Xpress can't just read the # of comments associated with the XF thread it's linked to. It's overkill to have to sync all our users and comments and have them clog up WP's database just to show the # of comments.
Agree -- I'm a little surprised it doesn't work that way by default! Hopefully when Audentio's XPress support staff comes in on monday they can get mine running, i'll share the changes they made to get it fixed here.

Okay @SurferJon, there's a few issues with the comments count, one of which may be a case of an outdated theme.

If you can edit /wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/inc/template-tags.php, on around line 189 you should see this:

$settings = \XPress::app()->option('xlink');

However, I think yours may have this:

$settings = \XPress::app()->option('xpress');

If it does, could you change it to the first version? This is the issue we had with @adwolf1's installation so may be the same for yours. It should be loading the reply count from the thread, but was hitting some earlier code so loading the WP comment count instead. The above line being outdated was causing the settings to not be loaded, so would use the WP comments count, and I think in your support ticket you said it would only work if you posted a native WP comment, which this would explain. You can either change this line manually for now, or update the wp-xpress-theme theme from a fresh XPress download.

There's then other issues with how it works out the comment count - if comment syncing is disabled it's trying to use the WP comment count, but if comments aren't synced this would always be 0, so I need to change that too and push a new update. But I think the first code change I mentioned should fix the issue. If not, let me know.

It's now been over 6 weeks since I reported this issue and still no luck. I'm not sure I will purchase another product from this company.

It's now been over 6 weeks since I reported this issue and still no luck. I'm not sure I will purchase another product from this company.
Apologies for the delay, I've had the thread open in my browser since Friday but haven't had a chance to get to it.

In /wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/inc/template-tags.php, just under the last change, line 192, it should have this:

Code:
if (!$commentSync) {

can you change this to:

Code:
if ($commentSync) {

Currently it's trying to read the number of post comments, which will be 0 if comment sync is disabled. This should skip that and load the thread to get the comment count.

Widget Problem....

We have a problem with new Wordpress 5.8 and Xpress 1.1.5 Patch Level 3

Xpress error.webp

does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Big and exciting changes are coming as we adjust our trajectory, just know that we’ll be with you every step of the way. Take a look at our announcement here for more information. If you have any questions, please contact us here so we can assist.

*People who have purchased this product in the past will continue to have access to updates as long as the product is maintained. The license it was purchased under will remain intact.

Is the XPress + native smartphone App still an option ?
The native app is something we are still supporting and continuing development on although it doesn't utilize XPress.

People who have purchased XPress in the past will continue to have a license and be able to receive updates as long as the product is maintained but will not be able to get support.

We do have another integration option you can see here if you'd like.

Top Bottom