XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

i need help, what is the problem

Code:
ThemeHouse\XLink\APIException: API call to 'Home' failed: Authentication failed. in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 98

ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->callAPI() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php at line 108
    ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->loadPosts() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php at line 78
    ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->loadRemoteEntities() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Entities.php at line 75
    ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Entities->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
As far as I could see, you´re also running into the rest_key problem. In all the links tested it works, but two. This one and the article link on a members profile on your site. . Contrary to my forum, yours does not use a rest_key at all in the get request, although the XLINK_API_PASSWORDs are set in all configs. Of course the request is then rejected by the wpconfig, since no successful authentication can be performed.

A request to all other XPress users who have to use the XLINK_API_PASSWORD: please check if the article links in the member profiles work for you and if you find errors, please check the XLINK error log if and which credentials are used for the rest_key in the API request.

Does the $300 pricetag on this include installation? I'm currently running an almost stock version of Xenforo, and I think this comes with a theme? I am happy to go with whatever theme it includes for the time being as my main concern is integrating a fairly new wordpress install with my established xenforo install. Main concern is what the upfront money is that I will be out.

Yes, installation service is included and mandatory. It comes with a WordPress theme that is able to apply your XenForo theme to WordPress, but that's an optional feature and if you want to use a separate WordPress theme, you can do so with only little downsides.

Yes, installation service is included and mandatory. It comes with a WordPress theme that is able to apply your XenForo theme to WordPress, but that's an optional feature and if you want to use a separate WordPress theme, you can do so with only little downsides.
What kind of downsides? My concern is that each software is fully functional. I would likely contract Themehouse to build me a theme at a later date anyway as the main concern now is functionality between the two.

Does it take long after purchase to get an install? As in, I may be purchasing it this evening. Not rushing, just looking for timelines. I'm a truck driver, and this is for my trucking forum, so it's sometimes difficult for me to align my offtime with others for these things.

What kind of downsides? My concern is that each software is fully functional.
Extra functionality like a shared navigation and BB Code support in WordPress comments. The original functionality of both platforms stays untouched.

Does it take long after purchase to get an install? As in, I may be purchasing it this evening. Not rushing, just looking for timelines. I'm a truck driver, and this is for my trucking forum, so it's sometimes difficult for me to align my offtime with others for these things.
If we get all the credentials we need straight away and no issues arise during installation that need to be sorted by your server host, well usually install it within a couple of days after purchase. You can shoot us a ticket and the support team can confirm a more specific date with you if you like.

Has anyone been able to replace the Published Post Date with the Last Modified Date? Trying to make the replace globally - appears to be some WP plugins that do this but none seem to work with Xpress.

Latest should work fine.
Ok cool thanks, as for some reason the WordPress part of the site has become much slower. Many of my core web vitals in search console have now gone from green to red. Also average page load has increased in Analytics. Trying to troubleshoot by deactivating WP plugins and trying different versions of WP but can't isolate what may be causing. It seems that TTFB is really slow. I have other sites on same server and are all very snappy.

Edit

Been testing more.

With all plugins disabled and default WordPress theme there is a 1 second difference in TTFB between Stock WordPress theme and zero plugins versus Xpress theme and Xpress plugin activated. Stock WordPress/Theme no plugins TFFB is under 1 second while around 2 seconds for XPress plugin/theme no plugins. Pinging server from my location is normally 250ms

If I have all of my plugins activated with XPress plugin and theme activated TTFB can range between 3-5 seconds even with caching. My server is not budget (VPS) and I have other heavier sites that have a TTFB under a second. (testing with chrome)

Note: I am in Aus and server is US so will naturally TTFB may take a little longer. Any suggestions?

Only a week ago site was blinding fast but did have an issue with Xpress which stopped really messed the site. only way to fix was to rebuild it. Dalton is aware.

Last edited:
Ok cool thanks, as for some reason the WordPress part of the site has become much slower. Many of my core web vitals in search console have now gone from green to red. Also average page load has increased in Analytics. Trying to troubleshoot by deactivating WP plugins and trying different versions of WP but can't isolate what may be causing. It seems that TTFB is really slow. I have other sites on same server and are all very snappy.

Edit

Been testing more.

With all plugins disabled and default WordPress theme there is a 1 second difference in TTFB between Stock WordPress theme and zero plugins versus Xpress theme and Xpress plugin activated. Stock WordPress/Theme no plugins TFFB is under 1 second while around 2 seconds for XPress plugin/theme no plugins. Pinging server from my location is normally 250ms

If I have all of my plugins activated with XPress plugin and theme activated TTFB can range between 3-5 seconds even with caching. My server is not budget (VPS) and I have other heavier sites that have a TTFB under a second. (testing with chrome)

Note: I am in Aus and server is US so will naturally TTFB may take a little longer. Any suggestions?

Only a week ago site was blinding fast but did have an issue with Xpress which stopped really messed the site. only way to fix was to rebuild it. Dalton is aware.
The tradeoff is there you are gaining the same header and footer from XenForo, theme from XenForo, XenForo notifications, ability to use usergroups and other XenForo syntax, etc. But in order to do so you have to load in XenForo files of course. So there will be a performance hit. If you don't want the matching theme and same files and need the performance boost, we have a separate product (free version as well) that will not match theme but will help sync comments back and forth.

Thanks for the reply.

I think you may be missing my point. While I have had endless issues with XPress, I never had this particular problem and have been using XPress Theme/Plugin for 2 years now. Server response time in last few weeks has jumped from under a second to 3-4 average seconds and website has gone from very snappy to to very lethargic.

As you explained I would expect the WordPress/XPress end to be a littler higher than a stock theme/no XPress plugin. But my site was fast a few weeks ago with Xpress theme and plugin activated now it is mega slow.

95% of my page views are WordPress/XPress pages. Xenforo forum page load and response times are normal.

Servr response.jpg

core web.jpg

The issue seems to correlate when one day (end of May) logged into my WordPress admin panel. With XPress plugin activated I couldn't do anything. I could not delete spam comments, save a post after editing. Could not update/activate/install or delete a plugin. Basically any action that changed the the current state of WordPress was not possible with XPress activated, even with all WP plugins deactivated.

The only way I found to fix was to rebuild Xlink XPress. Since then site has had the slow issue.

Attachments

• Xlink.webp
    Xlink.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 15
Is there a way to remove the <h1></h1> from the front page of the site without removing it from the forums? The only way I could figure out how to do it was going into PAGE_CONTAINER to remove it, but that affected the forums as well. And you get penalized by Google for removing it via CSS.

I finally got Xpress working today, with the latest builds of XF and Xpress and XLink. So far so good, but I have a few questions about its operation and ability to customize.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask about it, but hopefully other folks would find this useful.

Question 1 --
The WP stories on the front page have a "Continue Reading" button. This doesn't work well for our format -- I want to remove it that button and just show the entire piece by default (ie, as if the person clicked that button from the get-go) -- where can this change be made? How do the templates work here?

Question 2 --
I've linked a WP article to an XF thread, and that seems to work OK; -- when you click on an article from the home page, it opens up the "article" page in WP, with the proper comments pulled from XF into the page.

The issue is that on the WP homepage it is showing "0 Comments". Even though I know the thread is linked correctly, So somehow that post count isn't being updated on the home page. Any ideas?

Question 3 --
This one is weird. When I look at the linked thread in XF, it is taking the poster's avatar and stretching it into a header image on the thread!

I've turned off everything I can think of in the style options, to no avail. I would love to get rid of that header image entirely when looking at the thread in XF, and just making it appear as a "normal" thread.

xpress_style_options.webp

I finally got Xpress working today, with the latest builds of XF and Xpress and XLink. So far so good, but I have a few questions about its operation and ability to customize.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask about it, but hopefully other folks would find this useful.

Question 1 --
The WP stories on the front page have a "Continue Reading" button. This doesn't work well for our format -- I want to remove it that button and just show the entire piece by default (ie, as if the person clicked that button from the get-go) -- where can this change be made? How do the templates work here?

Question 2 --
I've linked a WP article to an XF thread, and that seems to work OK; -- when you click on an article from the home page, it opens up the "article" page in WP, with the proper comments pulled from XF into the page.

The issue is that on the WP homepage it is showing "0 Comments". Even though I know the thread is linked correctly, So somehow that post count isn't being updated on the home page. Any ideas?

Question 3 --
This one is weird. When I look at the linked thread in XF, it is taking the poster's avatar and stretching it into a header image on the thread!
View attachment 255200

I've turned off everything I can think of in the style options, to no avail. I would love to get rid of that header image entirely when looking at the thread in XF, and just making it appear as a "normal" thread.

View attachment 255201
Having a look at these and will get back to you! :)

Over the last month I've brought up the comment count issue with their support team many times. No luck... it's very frustrating.

The embedded XF thread also doesn't have all of the features of a regular XF thread, like being able to pick the "like" emoticon.

Top Bottom