XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

What's the difference between XPress & XPress Lite ?
XPress of course offers more features while XPress Lite (XPress Forum User Bridge) offers features like:
  • Being able to authenticate your users when signing to either WordPress or XenForo
  • Importation of roles from one platform to another

You can read more about it here along with XPress here.

Did anyone here migrate from XF1 with Xenword bridge to XF2 and XPRESS solution? I am looking for new bridge as Xenword is supporting Xenforo 2 and thinking how difficult this switch to Xpress will be?

On XF1 we had Wordpess and forum on 2 different domains, but as i understood, with Xpress solution Wordpress and forum needs to be on the same domain. Is this correct? Many thanks for help

Did anyone here migrate from XF1 with Xenword bridge to XF2 and XPRESS solution? I am looking for new bridge as Xenword is supporting Xenforo 2 and thinking how difficult this switch to Xpress will be?

On XF1 we had Wordpess and forum on 2 different domains, but as i understood, with Xpress solution Wordpress and forum needs to be on the same domain. Is this correct? Many thanks for help
Hello,

You are correct, you have better luck with XPress functioning without problems when set up on the same domain instead of a sub-domain. For example: test.com and test.com/forums instead of test.com and forums.test.com.

Hello,

You are correct, you have better luck with XPress functioning without problems when set up on the same domain instead of a sub-domain. For example: test.com and test.com/forums instead of test.com and forums.test.com.

Thanks! So its possible but difficult. Finger crossed then :) If we can`t make it work on subdomain we will move forum to the same domain.
I already created ticket on Themehouse so hopefully we can start testing soon. Thx again for answer

Thanks! So its possible but difficult. Finger crossed then :) If we can`t make it work on subdomain we will move forum to the same domain.
I already created ticket on Themehouse so hopefully we can start testing soon. Thx again for answer
You are quite welcome! Of course, could easily move it over 100%. Ah yes, I may have seen your ticket already come through. :)

I've found that once a WordPress installation is linked via Xpress/Xlink, WP-CLI stops working and gives errors.
Any way to fix this?

View attachment 240177

when I title search resources for "Wordpress", I dont get a hit on this addon.

View attachment 240178

jhM4K7B.png

Ignoring the @ThemeHouse account by chance? That'll remove the accounts resources from search results iirc.

If I was to purchase xpress I suppose I would have to move my forum contents out from the root and into a directory like forum or community. Xpress would be installed in the root?

Quick question: do the latest version of the XPress and XLink add-ons support XF 2.1 as well as XF 2.2, or are they 2.2+ only? Thanks!

Does anyone have a WP performance addon or any solutions that work with this? The functionality in the plugin works well, but the performance in terms of caching etc. is terrible especially in the eyes of Google which will matter heavily in the next few months. Have tried WP Rocket and W3 Cache but not a huge impact.

Currently enabled with memcached/redis and a CDN. Someone also PM'd to suggest the Jetpack plugin, will try it out and report back.
If your score keeps being too low, you can consider switching off the XPress WordPress theme to a native WordPress theme. The XenForo theme itself has a rather bad performance already, if you add custom design elements (e.g. custom/3rd party theme) and add-ons on top of that and then pack that on WordPress, which is in itself already very badly optimized, performance just goes down as a given. By using a native theme, you can retain the majority of the bridges functionality (you effectively use shared navigation and BB code rendering in comments), while getting rid of the performance implications of all that additional weight.

Top Bottom