XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Part of the TH Beta Test group.

Installed and tested it.
Found a lot of issues. Documented it on the slack channel few days ago. Some issues persist even if add-on is disabled. No feedback or reply on my issues.

Add-on disabled.

Honest feedback is that this add-on is not fit to be publicly released.

I'll be testing in a test enviro first because I have a large setup. Hopefully by the time I upgrade in a month or so there will be a couple more versions.

maybe a dumb question but if I do choose to use my forum theme, does that change the wordpress URLs? what happens to my wordpress plugins? my concern is how this all changes my wordpress setup which has been set for years.
No it won't affect your URLs. Most WP plugins have no issues but some could interfere (like a page builder or something or something that modifies front-end)

Part of the TH Beta Test group.

Installed and tested it.
Found a lot of issues. Documented it on the slack channel few days ago. Some issues persist even if add-on is disabled. No feedback or reply on my issues.

Add-on disabled.

Arguably we need help on beta team informing us before release ;) I've not seen any issues posted by you.

That said, I've not had many other complaints. There are a few things sure, but its mostly stable and working on a lot of sites. Still lots to iron out.

There was certainly a rush during the end-of-year periods, Stop your ingratitude.

My Xpress instance is on a test environment for several months, what an idea to deploy in production before even knowing if it will be 100% functional on your environment.

I hope your boards are insignificant, otherwise I pity your users. :oops:

There was certainly a rush during the end-of-year periods, Stop your ingratitude.

My Xpress instance is on a test environment for several months, what an idea to deploy in production before even knowing if it will be 100% functional on your environment.

I hope your boards are insignificant, otherwise I pity your users. :oops:
I don't understand. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I must be missing something. Are there some bugs that I am not aware of? I'd love to know what they are I'll get a fix out for anything we can this next week especially if they are causing some type of global failure.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'm just saying that on particular environments (many plugins) it is normal to have potential problems and it is better to go through a test environment.

I fully trust your team ;)

Hey guys. We've thrown around ideas internally over the day on how we could improve things and we opted into going the extra mile and lifting the usergroup map to a criteria rule based approach. Coming with the next update, we will replace the existing usergroup map with a system similar to XenForos User Group promotion system. If you haven't already, we suggest holding back with changing your usergroup setup until then.

Thank you!

A couple questions--
  1. Are there plans to support TD Composer in the near future? Hoping to migrate to the XPress theme from Newspaper- it'd be great to avoid purchasing another page composer (divi).
  2. When making a new post in Wordpress, a forum thread is created. Is it possible keep the forum thread author consistent, even though various different users are posting on Wordpress? On the Wordpress side-- we generally keep authors hidden.
Thanks!

Last edited:
When making a new post in Wordpress, a forum thread is created. Is it possible keep the forum thread author consistent, even though various different users are posting on Wordpress? On the Wordpress side-- we generally keep authors hidden.
Thanks!

This is actually a great idea as I would like to see all forum posts done by a generic "Sitename" user while the Wordpress posts are by the respective authors.

I've just purchased and have done a fresh install on latest Xenforo. I've followed all instructions starting with the installation of Xlink.

Tried running the install of plugins many times and still come across the same errors everytime. If I activate the XPress theme in WordPress it breaks both WP and XeForo site and shows a 504.

Any suggestions?

PS is the Xpress theme suppose to look exaxl like stock Xenforo, as the demo looks different?

Thanks

I think the demo uses UI.X2 - that's why it looks the way it does.

I've tried the install on a test server as well and apart from a styling error in Wordpress with the excerpt, all works smoothly.
I did use the latest builds of WP and Xlink / Xpress but I'm still running the most recent XF 2.0.x Version instead of the 2.1 beta.

Despite some criticism here I'd also like to applaud the dev team as the setup is a nobrainer now. I was waiting for years for a bridge between XF and WP and this is the first one that actually works.

I wiped everything and started again with a clean Xenforo and clean WP install. I also installed UI.X 2 theme as well but still having the same issues. I have submitted a ticket.

I can't wait to get it sorted. Despite these hickups I know everything will work great if their XF1 themes and add-ons are anything to go by.

I had an forbidden error similar to this that was related to Xenforo admin permissions being demoted when being synced with WP. Needed to reinstall to fix. Admin can't be associated with subscriber or similar. At least that was my issue.

I had an forbidden error similar to this that was related to Xenforo admin permissions being demoted when being synced with WP. Needed to reinstall to fix. Admin can't be associated with subscriber or similar. At least that was my issue.

The current version triggers an API error when you attempt to demote yourself, as WordPress doesn't allow that, yeah. We're currently working on an update for XLink that will replace the usergroup map with a new promotion based system similar to the user group promotions from XenForo, which should make management easier, and less error prone.

I wiped everything and started again with a clean Xenforo and clean WP install. I also installed UI.X 2 theme as well but still having the same issues. I have submitted a ticket.

I can't wait to get it sorted. Despite these hickups I know everything will work great if their XF1 themes and add-ons are anything to go by.

I've replied to your ticket! Apologies for not replying here earlier. I had a reply typed ready, but must've forgot to actually send it somewhere along the way. 😥

I think the demo uses UI.X2 - that's why it looks the way it does.

I've tried the install on a test server as well and apart from a styling error in Wordpress with the excerpt, all works smoothly.
I did use the latest builds of WP and Xlink / Xpress but I'm still running the most recent XF 2.0.x Version instead of the 2.1 beta.

Despite some criticism here I'd also like to applaud the dev team as the setup is a nobrainer now. I was waiting for years for a bridge between XF and WP and this is the first one that actually works.

Glad to hear that! We know that a minor number of buyers is experiencing trouble with their server setups, but if you belong to that group, please open a ticket with us and we'll do our best to get it sorted out. The overall number of upgrades went through without any issues, if anyone is curious.

Are there plans to support TD Composer in the near future? Hoping to migrate to the XPress theme from Newspaper- it'd be great to avoid purchasing another page composer (divi).

We do not actively monitor/support 3rd party plugins, apart from a handful of major ones, but we do our best to iron out reported incompatibilities with any 3rd party plugins that we get notified of.

When making a new post in Wordpress, a forum thread is created. Is it possible keep the forum thread author consistent, even though various different users are posting on Wordpress? On the Wordpress side-- we generally keep authors hidden.

This is unfortunately not possible right now. I've forwarded it as enhancement suggestion to our issue tracker.

Thanks @Lukas W. I have responded to you.

PS

A question: I have been using One Signal Push notifications with WordPress for some time. I hear now you can set up One Signal with Xenforo too.

Do one signal push notifications behave any differently with the XPress bridge, or would I just have to pick either Xenforo or WP and run One Signal on the Single platform with push notifications only working on the one platform too?

Top Bottom